Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Thirdgen Fbody + ls1

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 07:19 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thirdgen Fbody + ls1

Hey guys i'm relatively new and have been lurking on here for a while lol. I replaced my 85 irocz's original TPI 305 with a TPI350 and did all the EPROM tuning myself a few years ago. she ran well but i went a bit lean this summer racing a friend and blew piston lands out of 3 pistons....

so instead of getting a stealth ram and new block and crank with rods and pistons.....i just decided to sell everything i have for the gen1 and sink it all back into a new project. This time I've got a dropout 2001 LS1 with 4L60e attached, complete harness and PCM as well.

There are many guides over at TGO and they are very helpful. Lots of thirdgeners have tackled the swap too so I'm hoping if I collect all the parts now, I can knock it out in a weekend of nonstop work I'll post pics when its done!

Gonna leave everything stock on the ls1 for now..i just want something fun and reliable. im sure my 7.5 rear end will blow out after launching on it too.
The following users liked this post:
Migaluce (08-27-2019)
Old 08-23-2011, 09:19 AM
10 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

depends it might hold out longer than you think but yeah theres alot of risk even on stock ls1 power, thats why im going with a fab 9 at the same time the motor goes in
The following users liked this post:
Migaluce (08-27-2019)