Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What 90-92mm throttle body uses the 5th bolt hole?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 07:07 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Default What 90-92mm throttle body uses the 5th bolt hole?

So I've had enough of the troubles my Bluemaxx throttle body has given me over the last couple years. First the return spring wasn't strong enough, and then the blade was binding when it tried to close after the motor heated up. Recently, after going to FI, the blade was getting hot and enlarging ever so slightly that I was getting stuck at 3-5% throttle, so in an attempt to try and resolve that, I lightly sanded the edges that were sticking, and caused more problems than solved. Now, when cool, it lets too much air flow around the outside edges and the IAC is closed completely, but I'm still idling at 1050-1100 rpm because of the extra air flow going around the edges.

So I'm left with a choice, supposedly BlueMaxx redesigned the blade, so I could try and contact them and buy a new blade (unlikely, since I can't find a site for them) or buy a new throttle body.

So I was looking at FAST's 92mm 'big mouth' throttle body, but it looks like they don't use the top bolt at all. Is that true? I would think that you would want to use all 5 bolt options to seal the throttle body.

So what is everyone's suggestion? I need a throttle body that will live under 10-12lbs of boost, and more later on and won't give me headaches.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:29 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I have owned a BlueMaxx 90 MM TB with a Fast 90MM intake at one point and had the same exact issue with TB Blade bind and lucky for me Vengence sent me another one that solved the issue. But that was back 2-3 years ago.

Since I was not FI I never worried about the 5th hole. But with running N/A it was not a true concern. I would contact Vengence as I am not sure they are even in biz anymore (for the BlueMaxx TB) and maybe can give you a lead.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:34 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Well I have owned a BlueMaxx 90 MM TB with a Fast 90MM intake at one point and had the same exact issue with TB Blade bind and lucky for me Vengence sent me another one that solved the issue. But that was back 2-3 years ago.

Since I was not FI I never worried about the 5th hole. But with running N/A it was not a true concern. I would contact Vengence as I am not sure they are even in biz anymore (for the BlueMaxx TB) and maybe can give you a lead.
Supposedly ByunSpeed still sells the BlueMaxx Tb, so who knows.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

My Nick Williams 92mm has the fifth screw hole.