PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablo tune (temporary) and shift kit.. Will it be ok? What to adjust?

Old 08-24-2011, 02:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Diablo tune (temporary) and shift kit.. Will it be ok? What to adjust?

I am going out of town (300 miles) with my car in a week or two to use my brothers garage to install my trans and stall converter. The car is basically stock minus the off road y-pipe and slp lid. I have used the diablo tune sucessfully until now just for minor adjustments and tm delete. I am planning on getting a Frost tune when I get back. The problem is I might race it up while up there if the trans install goes smooth. The trans has a transgo shift kit installed. I don't want to fry it.

Is there any way I can still run the canned diablo tune and adjust it so it's not giving way too much line pressue with the shift kit? I read somewhere that the diablo tune only raises the pressure slightly. What can I turn down? Again, I am intending a tune by Frost when I get back. I can run it on a stock tune for the trip back if needed. Just can't have the car off the road at the moment to send my pcm in. Although if I sell some parts, I may order a programmed pcm from Frost to take with me on my trip.

Last edited by JKB315; 08-24-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:08 PM
TECH Addict

Get in touch with them - they may be able to email you a tune with stock line pressure settings. They have employees who watch this board.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/member.php?u=113501
Old 08-24-2011, 03:11 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

You can lower the shift firmness settings in the tool enough to get by, we have lots of customers that use the standard supplied tunes without changing anything even with shift kits installed.

My 4L60e has been rebuilt to have much firmer shifts (especially 1-2) and I still add a bit more pressure than our canned tunes to get the 'feel' right.

Thanks
Old 08-24-2011, 03:30 PM
Staging Lane

Good info! Thanks, I think I'll just leave the tune as is if it feels right after the trans install. My car runs 8.3-4 in the 1/8 and 12.99 to 13.01 in the 1/4 all day long on stock tires with just the mods listed and a diablo tune. I played around with a few things but otherwise it's just the tune that came with it. Can't wait to see what this trans, spohn torque arm, stall and new drag radials do.

Search this Thread