Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Possible clutch disengagement problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 09:27 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible clutch disengagement problem

Ive got the car in sig with a Monster stage 4 clutch, Tick master, New GM slave, new pilot bearing and for some reason the car seems to be shifting rough. I had a built trans that it just tore up, this being one of the main reasons and I just had the trans redone by RPM transmissions but I seem to be having the same problem still. When you shift gears you can feel it click into gear but it doesnt go in very smooth but it does not grind either. Kind of hard to explain but it isnt a smooth shift and it can hear it go into gear. Something just doesnt seem normal. I readjusted the pedal the other night and I adjusted it to the spot where the pedal normally sits when its not attached to the master. This seemed to help a little bit when i took it for a test drive but i took it out tonight and it seemed rough at times. Seems like it will go in smooth if you really try to shift it perfectly or if you hold down the clutch for a moment then put it into gear. seems to go into first nice and smooth when your stopped however its a little rough when trying to put it in first on a roll. Before I adjusted the pedal I did a 1-2 WOT run and it completely locked me out of 2nd on the shift. I also tried putting it in first on a flat surface and revving with the clutch in and it didnt seem to move. Im not sure what the problem is here but i really dont want to ruin another trans. The only thing I can think of is the slave needing a shim but I didnt think the Monster clutches normally needed shims. Or maybe the pilot bearing is not working right.

Anyway any thoughts on whats going on here and what I can do?
Old 08-25-2011, 01:36 PM
Staging Lane

ttt same prob
Old 08-25-2011, 10:01 PM
TECH Regular

nobodys got any idea?
Old 08-26-2011, 09:31 AM
FormerVendor

It could be hydraulic, for instance if there were air in the system. Have you tried bleeding the system again? A bad pilot can also cause symptoms like this too. At this point it sounds like your need to trouble shoot the normal stuff and see what you find. It would stink to have to pull the transmission but it may need to be done. If you pull it post pics of the parts and I will be happy to help you assessthe situation. Thanks and let me know if you have any questions.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:44 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First thing is to make sure the hydraulics are fully bled, our clutches do not require a shim and it sounds like it's not fully disengaging. Make sure the adjustable master is adjusted properly, does it creep when you rev it up in gear sitting still?

Quick Reply: Possible clutch disengagement problem