Recived a PI charge in Al

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 10:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Recived a PI charge in Al

On july 23 of this year i was taken to jail in auburn,al for a pi charge, no i wasnt making a scene just jogging down a road fubar'd and got lost. so long story short, anyone know of a good lawyer? its only a class c misdemeanor over there it would be nice to get that off my record and not pay whole lot to get back over there to show up to court

Last edited by camAro242; 08-26-2011 at 12:36 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:31 AM
11 Second Club

it's the same thing as a parking ticket.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:18 PM
On The Tree

yeah i know i just dont want to spend over 300 just getting there and back. Then once i get there it will be 300 for the ticket itself

I dont know how much a lawyer will cost for this in all honesty, if its cheaper than flying there then ill do it if not ill make another weekend out of it and hope i dont go to jail again for the same reason
Old 08-26-2011, 12:50 PM
Staging Lane

did you not get timed serve
Old 08-26-2011, 12:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

It seems like you could just send payment in. Correct me if I'm wrong. Call the courthouse.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by icen
did you not get timed serve
I sat from 1 ish and was bailed out 9:30 ish. i do not know if they counted that as time served
Originally Posted by -Ross-
It seems like you could just send payment in. Correct me if I'm wrong. Call the courthouse.
I called the courthouse the other day and what they told me is that i have to show up in court since i was arrested and processed. I tried telling them that i have no residency there what so ever but they kept protesting that i have to show up
Old 08-26-2011, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Did you use a bail bonds man? sounds like it. And when you do that you do have to go back and appear in court. If you had a buddy get you out you paid your fine when you got out. Going back to court would be to fight it.

Go on SSU and pm five-0, he is a leo in AL
Old 08-26-2011, 01:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sleepersilverado
Did you use a bail bonds man? sounds like it. And when you do that you do have to go back and appear in court. If you had a buddy get you out you paid your fine when you got out. Going back to court would be to fight it.

Go on SSU and pm five-0, he is a leo in AL
Yeah thats what i did, my buddies called one in the early am to get me out at the time. I didnt know that i could have paid my fines right then and there. I guess i have to learn the hard way. When you say " going back to court would be to fight it" do you mean i can pay it without leaving tx? If so how do I go about doing that? I have till sept 29th so get all this stuff figured out
Old 08-26-2011, 03:35 PM
TECH Resident

You might see if you can find an attorney local to the area that handles those types of cases. He might be able to appear on your behalf. Will probably cost you the amount of the citation.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Call the bail bonds man and ask him. Here is how i understand it. You are out on bail now and have to go make an appearance to plea and get your fine since you used the bonds man. (I am unsure if a lawyer can appear for you)

Once again Call your bail bonds man and he will be able to tell you.

I would have been better if you waited till the morning and your buddies came and got you out by paying the fine.