Golf Tournament

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 02:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Golf Tournament

Hey LS1 friends. I am a firefighter in the DFW area. I have a friend who is also a firefighter who has Cancer. He has started a Foundation for Firefighter's who are struggling to fight Cancer. Your goal is to raise money to send a Firefighter and his or her family on a vacation after they have been dealing with the Chemo or radiation or both.

The foundation is called Michaels Memories our wed site is michaelsmemories.org. We are having a golf tournament at Bear Creek in Euless Texas with a dinner and a concert after the tournament. We are looking for golfers, or anyone who would like to go to the concert.

Its 500 dollars a team which include a round golf a prime rib dinner and concert. If you just want to go to the concert its 25 dollars a person.

The artist are Wade Bowen and Deryl Dodd

The date is Friday September the 23

If you have any other questions you can contact myself you go to the website and the info is there.

Thank You Sam
Old 08-26-2011, 03:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like to see stuff like this… great job!!

I’m going to give you a name of a company to send a letter to with your foundation information. This company donates a lot of money for the Firefighters.
I have family that works for Fireman’s Fund Insurance. This company was founded by wives of fallen Firefighters.

http://www.firemansfund.com/heritage/Pages/welcome.htm

I hope you have a great turnout.

As of June 2011, the Fireman's Fund Heritage Program has awarded more than $28 million in grants.
http://www.firemansfund.com/heritage...in-action.aspx

Last edited by SSHAWK; 08-26-2011 at 03:38 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:06 PM
Teching In

Default Info

Thanks for the info
Old 08-27-2011, 06:08 PM
12 Second Club

Firefighter here also. Sounds like a great cause! I will make sure to forward the information on to my department. I haven't looked at the site yet but is there a place where we can go just to make donations? I wouldnt mind doing what I can do to help a fellow firefighter out.

Brent