Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

FS or Trade: 98 Camaro Z28 w/ Blown LS1 and Built T-56

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 03:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS or Trade: 98 Camaro Z28 w/ Blown LS1 and Built T-56

Year: 1998
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $4700
Mileage: 119000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): WI
Color: Black
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

I have owned this car since 2005 and originally purchased it from Alabama. It has never seen snow and is clean inside and out. Last fall I spun a bearing and the car was parked until about two weeks ago. The year before that the transmission went out so I sent the T-56 to Tick Performance in NC and had a stage two rebuild performed. At the same time I ordered and installed a Monster Stage 3 complete Clutch Set, New 2000+ Slave, Tick Adjustable Master Cylinder and Hurst shifter. The rear end was also recently replaced with a 4 Chan 3.42 Carrier with new seals and so forth.

While moving the car threw a rod, it has not punctured the block however from the sounds of it I can only assume that if not removed it will very soon. The engine was originally replaced in 2004 and has about 60K on it, the car has 119K and the transmission, clutch, master cylinder, etc has less than 10K miles since rebuild.

I spent close to $3,400 on the transmission work last spring and have the paperwork to show that. The car as it sits is complete with a stock exhaust with the exception of a Hooker muffler and tips, nice tires on late model 5-Spoke firebird wheels, clean gray cloth interior and so forth. This is an Alabama car as previously stated, it has NEVER seen snow and you can eat off the bottom.

Here are the mods performed

Engine:
- SLP Cold Air Lid
- SLP Smooth Air Bellow
- K&N Air Filter
- New Plugs and Wires (Fall 2010)
- BMR Front Strut Tower Brace (Red)

Transmission:
- Tick Performance Stage 2 Performance Rebuild (Up To 600rwtq) - More Info -Paid $1,699
- Tick Performance Adjustable Master Cylinder - More Info - Paid $349.99
- Monster Stage 3 Performance Clutch Set (Up To 700rwtq) - More Info - Paid $799.99
- New 01+ GM Style Slave Cylinder - More Info - Paid $139.99
- Hurst Billet/Plus Shifter with **** - More Info - Paid $199.00

All parts purchased and installed in May 2010 and have less than 10K miles on them since installation, all are in excellent condition and the transmission shifts great. In total roughly $3,400 was spent on the transmission alone and it is virtually bullet proof up to around 600 rwtq.

Rearend:
- 3.42 Posi w/ Disc Brakes and New Seals (ABS and TCS)
- Poly Sway Bar End Links and Fresh Paint
- Calipers Painted Red both front and back

Exterior:
- Aftermarket Camaro SS Hood (Black w/o Cutout)
- Aftermarket Camaro SS Spoiler
- Smoked Altezza Tail Lights (Also have perfect set of OEM SS Tail Lights)
- Smoked Halo Style Front Headlights
- Polished Stainless Camaro SS Badge

Options:
- Power Windows
- Power Locks
- Power Mirrors
- Power Drivers Side Seat
- T-Tops w/ Sun Shades and Rear Cargo Storage
- Cruise Control
- Tilt Steering
- AM/FM and Single Disc Premium Sound CD Player
- Four Wheel ABS and Traction Control
- More

I am selling this car to help fund another project I am working on and to clear up garage space before winter. I understand that the price may seem high considering this car has a bad motor but you can replace the motor with a good used one for less than $1500 I simply do not have the time. I am interested in some partial trades and I will list below what I am looking for, if it's not listed please do not waste my time by asking me.

Things I may be interested in trading:
- Built and/or Rebuilt SBC Engine (355 - 408) Shortblock or Complete with Reciepts and Paperwork
- 98+ GMC Sonoma or Chevy S10
- Built 12 Bolt Rear Axle Assembly for 82-92 Fbody (Camaro/Firebird)
- 98+ Pontiac Grand Prix GT or GTP
- 82-92 Fbody K-Member and/or Performance Suspension Parts
- Drag Slicks and Skinny's on Weld or Equivalent Wheels
- LTI T-56 Complete Changeover Assembly (Must be Driven Prior To Trade)
- Nice SBC Aluminum or Cast Aftermarket Performance Heads (2.0X/1.60) Prefer AFR or Vortech
- 82-92 Camaro Aftermarket Hood (Open to Offers)
- 275/35/18 or 275/40/18 Nice Tires and/or Drag Radials
- 82-92 Fbody Performance Brake Kits
- Fourth Gen Camaro Seats (Black)
- Go Fast SBC Parts and/or Fbody Parts (this list was getting exhausting)

I am asking $4,700 OBO for the car and as it sits it is complete and can be driven, however I will not be giving test drives and the car is sold as is because the motor may not stay together much longer. All trades must be reasonable and cash on top is ideal to help fund my 89 IROC-Z Restoration. Please feel free to email me or text Erik at 262-327-2453 with any questions or offers. If you have something I want I will surely let you know.

Finally, Here are the pictures in High Resolution

Current Pictures

Older Pictures * These Rims are NOT Included.

I am asking $4,700 OBO for the car and as it sits it is complete and can be driven, however I will not be giving test drives and the car is sold as is because the motor may not stay together much longer. All trades must be reasonable and cash on top is ideal to help fund my 89 IROC-Z Restoration. Please feel free to email me or text Erik at 262-327-2453 with any questions or offers. If you have something I want I will surely let you know.
I am located in Waukesha, WI 53189

Quick Reply: FS or Trade: 98 Camaro Z28 w/ Blown LS1 and Built T-56