Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Aftermarket Drag Spring

Old 08-28-2011, 10:13 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Drag Spring

Looking for an aftermarket drag spring. The car currently has a eibach sportline kit on it which is proving to be as bad as it can get for 1/4 mile 60' times.
I'd rather not go back to a stock spring unless it really isn't worth it to go to an aftermarket one.
I'd also like to stray away from the pricey coil-overs as I'm on a budget and this is strictly a straight line car.
Ride height doesn't matter to me as I'll be swapping them back and forth from show to strip.
Car is full weight and using competition engineering shocks.

Thanks
Old 08-28-2011, 04:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bumpppp
Old 08-29-2011, 05:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eibach sportlines are the absolute worst thing you can do to an f body. They hurt the ride, handling, launching, and the shocks. If ride height doesnt bother you then stock springs are great compared to sportlines for drag racing.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:28 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

stock springs are a ton better than sportlines, stock springs and do the heater hose mod,and see if you like it,you can try and look into stranos or bmr springs but i just stayed with the stockers,swapin springs every time for a show or the track seems like a pain in the *** imo ,and for that reason alone would be worth to spend a lil more on something that will look and perform better, im sure you will have no issues selling your sportlines ,they do look killer just suck at everything else lol
Old 08-29-2011, 08:37 AM
10 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

for drag racing almost everyone uses stockers any aftermarket spring is stiffer and you want the softest spring possible in the back, I actually have a set if you are in need of some.

Search this Thread