Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Unequal length turbo piping. WRONG???

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 10:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Unequal length turbo piping. WRONG???

Looking at my engine bay, and plans for my Hot side turbo piping have led me to believe that running my driver side hot exhaust would be best run down, underneath and behind my motor then and up on the driver side along with the opposite side manifold where they would merge to a t4 flange etc. etc. etC. Would the unequal length cause me any problems?

My reason for doing this is i used 4 th gen fbody accessories on my motor therefore the steerng box, PS lines, ps pump, alternator, cai and water hose all run to the driver side, which maximizes potential for melting and minimies space for tubing.

Sense i have a pair of truck manifolds in my garage that i was givin free.. Ill be using those just flipping the passenger side upside down.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:24 PM
Pathological Modifier

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shouldn't be an issue.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:01 AM
Staging Lane

Ditto, unequal length in your application will have no discernable difference, and it may even lower exhaust energy past the benefit of even pulsing to make the shorter tube longer to match. I'm from the turbo side of the tracks, where we go into this well beyond any possible need.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:15 PM
TECH Addict

Wrap the crossover pipe and you should be all set.

Jim
Old 08-30-2011, 06:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ClimberD
Ditto, unequal length in your application will have no discernable difference, and it may even lower exhaust energy past the benefit of even pulsing to make the shorter tube longer to match. I'm from the turbo side of the tracks, where we go into this well beyond any possible need.
I was thinking the same thing about the pulsing. at what distacne can you start to forget the advantage of the exhaust pulses?

Chris.

Quick Reply: Unequal length turbo piping. WRONG???