Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Cracked Dash, input needed plz

Old 08-29-2011, 10:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Cracked Dash, input needed plz

I got a super short dash crack .. and it makes me sad :'(

I plan on adding vinyl SOON over the dash pad to prevent more cracks but I have to drive about 100 miles jus to find someone who carries it so in the meantime I was thinking of putting some form of plastic weld epoxy.. I still haven't figured out how to remove the dashpad (not the entire dash) I was told that I can use like wood paint stir sticks to lift the dash pads up form the sides.. and its held in place with commercial grade velcro wrapped around the window

Is this correct? I'd try it but I don't want to crack my dash any more if I'm wrong, now what i mean?

thx guys

btw I'm fully aware of thread, I'm gonna follow this to add vinyl to my dash pad

Last edited by LeanPocket; 08-29-2011 at 02:23 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LeanPocket

I got a super short dash crack .. and it makes me sad :'(

I plan on adding vinyl SOON over the dash pad to prevent more cracks but I have to drive about 100 miles jus to find someone who carries it so in the meantime I was thinking of putting some form of plastic weld epoxy.. I still haven't figured out how to remove the dashpad (not the entire dash) I was told that I can use like wood paint stir sticks to lift the dash pads up form the sides.. and its held in place with commercial grade velcro wrapped around the window

Is this correct? I'd try it but I don't want to crack my dash any more if I'm wrong, now what i mean?

thx guys

btw I'm fully aware of thread, I'm gonna follow this to add vinyl to my dash pad
to remove the dash you need to remove the pillars first. then you just have to lift the dash up. the velcro is mainly in the middle. but be aware that the dash can be very very fragile and may cause to break off easily while removing it. if I was you I wouldnt remove it/mess with it till you were ready to cover it up with vynil. that way incase it breaks more you'll be ready to fix it at the same time.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bobbyd
to remove the dash you need to remove the pillars first. then you just have to lift the dash up. the velcro is mainly in the middle. but be aware that the dash can be very very fragile and may cause to break off easily while removing it. if I was you I wouldnt remove it/mess with it till you were ready to cover it up with vynil. that way incase it breaks more you'll be ready to fix it at the same time.
yeah thats my plan, I plan on going to a vinyl place this weekend

are those pillars located where i circled in that picture?

lol this is so frustrating yet so simple to fix after i remove it haha
Old 08-30-2011, 08:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

bump,

does anyone know if my pic is the correct way to remove the dashpad? thx
Old 08-30-2011, 12:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

after you remove the side pillars........you just lift up.......there are pin clips and velcro that hold it down........so simple a caveman could do it

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cracked Dash, input needed plz