Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Best Detail Combo: Meguiar's ColorX and Tech-Wax

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 11:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Detail Combo: Meguiar's ColorX and Tech-Wax

well, i'll just start off saying how impressed i am. it's the middle of the night, so i don't have any pictures. but i AM convinced this is the best polish combination on the market, ever.

i basically did the whole car with colorx, and then went back over the car with the tech wax. it looks amazing, and MUCH better than the zaino'd NBM vette (same color as mine) down the street.

i talked to a rep at meguiar's, and he told me this was not only the best way to use the tech wax (with the colorx first), but it would look better than most anything on the road. it's true.

$13 a bottle at walmart for the tech, and ~$8 for the colorx.

at this point, the ONLY possible advantage i think zaino may have is that their products may last longer. i don't know yet, seeing as i just put the polish/wax on the car.

edit: and for those of you wondering, the colorx will remove almost every swirl on your car. neither the colorx nor the tech-wax are abrasive, and are perfectly clear coat safe.
Old 03-04-2004, 11:59 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks for the info. I will have to give it a try.

I'll even claybar first
Old 03-05-2004, 12:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Post some decent pics. I'd like to see this unbeatable shine.
Old 03-05-2004, 12:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SSG--Z28
Post some decent pics. I'd like to see this unbeatable shine.
will do, but you'll have to wait for two things:

a. the daytime.
and b. for me to get my damned camera back!

pictures never impress me though. i think they all look the same. a washed car without wax looks like a zaino'd car just the same

that's not saying i won't take pictures though i should get the camera within the next week, and then i'll wax it once more, and then send you some pictures via PM (and anyone else that wants them). by then this thread will probably vanish.

in the meantime:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/146061-meguiars-mxt-tech-wax.html

are some pics of just the tech-wax. the colox adds a bit, and takes out the scratches and swirls. of course, i can't see any scratches or swirls in his car, but the colorx is still *supposed* to add more life. once again, his looks good, so i dunno exactly how much more life it would add. did a good bit to mine however.

Last edited by tuffluck; 03-05-2004 at 12:39 AM.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thats funny, I just used the exact same combo on my girlfriends silver Grand Cherokee Limited. Since its silver its really hard to discern if its any better than the Zaino I was using, but it certainly did provide a really smooth, clean finish without alot of prep. In fact, I went directly from claying to ColorX without polish.

Without a doubt I think ColorX is the best one-step product on the market (Well, that and Klasse All-in-One)

As far as ColorX/NXT being the best combo ever? I can't speak to that because I only used this combo on a silver car, and noticing depth,shine, and liquidity on silver is nearly impossible.

The next time one of my customers with a black car comes in for a detail, I'll ask him/her if they'd like to try the colorX/NXT combo and I'll post some results then.

-Tom

Quick Reply: Best Detail Combo: Meguiar's ColorX and Tech-Wax