Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corsa Problems?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 12:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Corsa Problems?

I just installed Corsa exhaust with premium pro tips, and my car has FLP long tubes with no cats and I love the deeep sound but rattles when I put the car in reverse and it pisses me off. I did not have a chance to look at it cuz of past 2 days it was raining and I just wanted to know if any one had this problem to let me know what to look for.
Old 03-05-2004, 12:35 AM
TECH Addict

yes the corsa mufflers are junk.

they are good about their warrenty though. I would give them a call. if you do a search youll prob find 1000's of threads about their quality mufflers

here's a recent one:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/145246-exhaust-sounds-bad.html
Old 03-05-2004, 12:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CORSA SUCKS, AND I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE. I THOUGHT IT WAS THE F'IN **** UNTIL I WENT THROUGH 2 MUFFLERS, AND I ONLY HAVE A CAM. THEIR MUFFLER IS JUNK. I have the GMMG now, and wouldn't want anything else!
Old 03-05-2004, 02:31 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SSG--Z28
CORSA SUCKS, AND I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE. I THOUGHT IT WAS THE F'IN **** UNTIL I WENT THROUGH 2 MUFFLERS, AND I ONLY HAVE A CAM. THEIR MUFFLER IS JUNK. I have the GMMG now, and wouldn't want anything else!
Is it poss to change the muffler to a diff brand, like borla muffler?

Man this really sux, I would of never bought if I knew it had problems. Borla was $100+ cheaper
Old 03-05-2004, 05:13 AM
TECH Veteran

Well, don't be too worried, 'cause some people never have any problems. You might be one of the lucky ones. Yes you can change out the muffler. That is just too easy! Good luck, and I hope you don't have to switch it, 'cause it really is a nice sounding exhaust.
Old 03-05-2004, 10:23 AM
TECH Resident

I love my COrsa....no problems. Plus it makes everything else on the market look like cheap crap. Since you say when you shift to reverse you might have a possible issue with your headers and not with the catback.
Old 03-05-2004, 06:14 PM
Teching In

It's probably the over the axle section that is rattling. I'm always adjusting mine. I called Corsa about this. They said the cat back is designed for the oem y pipe and location. Therefore, when you change the original location of the y -pipe it screws everything up. Loosen the intermediate pipe bolt and try to move the entire cat back system back a few inches. It helped for me. My problem is the big pro series exhaust tips rattle against the outlet plastic section. Between the valve train noise and exhaust sound, rattling i just don't care anymore. I give up.
Old 03-05-2004, 06:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JamRWS6
I love my COrsa....no problems. Plus it makes everything else on the market look like cheap crap. Since you say when you shift to reverse you might have a possible issue with your headers and not with the catback.
Yeah same here. Corsa does have a rep for blown mufflers but since it only happens in reverse it is probably a hanger or something.
Old 03-06-2004, 01:42 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by CGLHawk260
It's probably the over the axle section that is rattling. I'm always adjusting mine. I called Corsa about this. They said the cat back is designed for the oem y pipe and location. Therefore, when you change the original location of the y -pipe it screws everything up. Loosen the intermediate pipe bolt and try to move the entire cat back system back a few inches. It helped for me. My problem is the big pro series exhaust tips rattle against the outlet plastic section. Between the valve train noise and exhaust sound, rattling i just don't care anymore. I give up.
My tips fit snuggly without touching the bumper. There are a lot of adjustments you can make to make it fit perfectly.
Old 03-06-2004, 02:01 AM
On The Tree

Thanx a lot guys for your help.
Old 03-06-2004, 03:24 AM
TECH Veteran

Neither of my cases had anything to do with the hangers or the y-pipe. The simple fact is that something inside of the muffler came loose, and started rattling. BTW, the tips are the only thing that makes the Corsa worth anything. Other than that, it's just like every other stainless steel exhaust on the market.
Old 03-06-2004, 12:28 PM
TECH Addict

IDK I think Corsa has a unique sound to its catback.

Sorry to hear about your muffler, that sucks....Mine has been great...knocking on wood
Old 03-06-2004, 09:14 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SSG--Z28
Neither of my cases had anything to do with the hangers or the y-pipe. The simple fact is that something inside of the muffler came loose, and started rattling. BTW, the tips are the only thing that makes the Corsa worth anything. Other than that, it's just like every other stainless steel exhaust on the market.
I agree with 2002TransAm....the Corsa has a unique sound to it. It is also the only exhaust that can be so quiet cruising and really open up when you get on it.
Old 03-07-2004, 03:45 AM
TECH Veteran

Like I said, it's a nice exhaust, but for the money, I don't recommend it.
Old 06-02-2004, 06:41 PM
10 Second Club

I have an '02 with 9k miles on the car and have had the Corsa for about 7K of that. I love the sound, even with a bit of light throttle rasp because I have no cats and LT's.

Recently I began to experience "the rattle". I re-adjusted everything when I installed my new Walbro intank fuel pump and noticed when I had the muffler out that it seemed to be coming from the muffler itself!

I tapped it on the ground and sure enough it is coming from the muffler. Called Corsa today and they say they will take care of it (send a new one).

I don't think there is a better looking exhaust out there, the sound is debateable, but it's high up there IMO.

Not a spec of rust here, and I clean the tips with Brasso to keep them shiney, it eats the carbon right off!