Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel line help!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 09:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel line help!!

ok guys what would be the easiest and cheapest way to get fuel to my ls1 powered nova. i've heard of the 255 walbro. anyone have any helpful info. it was previously a 350/t350 combo and now ls1/4l60e. again advice is greatly appreciated
Old 08-30-2011, 10:32 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aAZz
ok guys what would be the easiest and cheapest way to get fuel to my ls1 powered nova. i've heard of the 255 walbro. anyone have any helpful info. it was previously a 350/t350 combo and now ls1/4l60e. again advice is greatly appreciated
Sorry to jump in and answer all your questions but i just finished kinda the exact same swap as you.

I used a Tanks inc, in tank pump with corvette External filter/Regulator. with my stock tank.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I used the external Walbro 255. It was easy/works well.
The sticky at the top of "Conversions"/"Hall of Fame Threads" by Olly has a diagram & parts. I used Russell fittings rather than the barbed fittings which Olly used.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:39 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Use a corvette fuel filter/regulator. Then run your feed line to the rail.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:46 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 74novacustom
Sorry to jump in and answer all your questions but i just finished kinda the exact same swap as you.

I used a Tanks inc, in tank pump with corvette External filter/Regulator. with my stock tank.
na man thank you for that. alot of people get annoyed of doin that. thats why i love car people we're always down to help other people and about how much did that run u? this is sort of a budget build so lookin for the cheapest way to do it but at the same time for it to work well
Old 08-30-2011, 11:03 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by aAZz
na man thank you for that. alot of people get annoyed of doin that. thats why i love car people we're always down to help other people and about how much did that run u? this is sort of a budget build so lookin for the cheapest way to do it but at the same time for it to work well
The Tanks Inc is 215 new, i paid 150.00 from craigslist but it was new. it does require some cutting to the stock tank, so it would need to be boiled out or filled with water before you do any cutting. you really only need to cut a 4inch hole in the top of your tank.

The corvette Reg/filter is around 30.00 to 50.00.

You can use an external fuel pump, but it might need to be gravity fed, im not sure on that one. most likely you would have to sump your tank for that.

THere are many options for getting the fuel to the rail.
Steel braid
Aluminum tube
Nylon
and more

I Used Steel braid, it cost around 200 for all the fittings and hose.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:28 PM
On The Tree

I used the walbro, corvette regulator and summit fabric braided line and summit An fittings. the braided is cheaper than SS, but not much more than autozone FI hose.

I still have the stock 69 tank, but put a hollowed out fuel filter inline between the tank and pump inlet to act as a fuel "capacitor". I'll repost in a few weeks to let everyone know if i have any starvation issues under cornering/acceleration.

FYI, fuel flow to the walbro pump is in the direction going towards the electrical connectors. --otherwise you get fuel tank bubbles

good luck
Old 08-31-2011, 12:45 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JetMech442
I used the walbro, corvette regulator and summit fabric braided line and summit An fittings. the braided is cheaper than SS, but not much more than autozone FI hose.

I still have the stock 69 tank, but put a hollowed out fuel filter inline between the tank and pump inlet to act as a fuel "capacitor". I'll repost in a few weeks to let everyone know if i have any starvation issues under cornering/acceleration.

FYI, fuel flow to the walbro pump is in the direction going towards the electrical connectors. --otherwise you get fuel tank bubbles

good luck

Fuel tank bubbles, that would have been a good laugh at the time.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:01 PM
FormerVendor

Tanks inc kit and we do a complete line fitting kit with the Corvette filter/regulator either to factory LS rails or our rails.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nasty N8
Tanks inc kit and we do a complete line fitting kit with the Corvette filter/regulator either to factory LS rails or our rails.
sent pm about your kit

Quick Reply: fuel line help!!