Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how much can you spray on pump gas?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 09:49 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default how much can you spray on pump gas?

I'm looking at around a 250hp jetting. is it possible to run 93 pump gas in the tank? I have sprayed 200 before but 250 seems not a good idea. I'm tossing the idea around of putting a 1gal fuel cell where my battery used to be and get an inline pump and run race gas to the fuel side of the nitrous kit but run the motor on 93 pump gas. Others tell me mixing fuels is a bad idea, but We have already done this fuel cell setup mixing 93 and race gas on a carbed monte carlo on a friends car with no problem on a 325shot. I just want to be safe on my LS1. what kind of setups do you guys have? what do you recommend for the correct way to run fuel to a 250 shot?
Old 08-31-2011, 10:24 AM
9 Second Club

You can spray alot but why?
Been to the Pump Gas Drags with 2 cars and won it once.
We only did it because those were the rules.

If you can put race gas in it, do it.
Your friends Monte Carlo probably doesnt have a 15* head on it. (larger tuning window with old crappy heads)

My suggestion would be get stand alone put some C16 in it.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:37 PM
9 Second Club

ya it was a 406 with some 23 degree heads. I'd like to go with the safest route so I'll prolly go with a stand alone fuel setup then. what size fuel cell did you use for your setup? where is the best place to put it on these cars? I assumed it would fit behind the headlamp where the battery used to go.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Run a standalone with C16 in it to be safe
Old 08-31-2011, 07:33 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not only will the stand alone be much safer, you can run more timing with the stand alone and race fuel.

It is cost vs. need/need in my eyes. Stand alone is highest cost but safer and more power. Running race fuel in the tank is fairly low cost but not an exact science and running 93 is clearly cheapest but going to be bottom of the totem pole.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:20 PM
12 Second Club

I don't understand the deal with people saying the standalone with c16 is going to save your ***... Have you ever took the time to think about the combustion chamber and what your feeding it with? Ok so your motor is running on 93 octane, making 4,5,6,700hp on motor so your fueling the **** out of it, your saying that squirt of c16 out of that nitrous nozzle is going to over ride the 93 the cylinder is fuel of powering the motor??
I guess in plain words the amount of 93 your powering your motor on at WOT is not going to be quenched by the squirts of c16 your spraying in the same cylinder your your cars injectors are spraying in.

My two cents, drain the car on the day your going to the track and fill the tank and the standalone with c16. If you can afford all the cost and needed equipment to safely spray your car on the high ends of 250+ hp nitrous you can't tell me throwing 10gallons of c16 in your gas tank is going to break you.

The standalone is great for being an independent fueling pump and supply but IMO it does not make your motor safer to spray with on pump gas....

Thanks for hearing me out
Old 09-01-2011, 08:37 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin718
I don't understand the deal with people saying the standalone with c16 is going to save your ***... Have you ever took the time to think about the combustion chamber and what your feeding it with? Ok so your motor is running on 93 octane, making 4,5,6,700hp on motor so your fueling the **** out of it, your saying that squirt of c16 out of that nitrous nozzle is going to over ride the 93 the cylinder is fuel of powering the motor??
I guess in plain words the amount of 93 your powering your motor on at WOT is not going to be quenched by the squirts of c16 your spraying in the same cylinder your your cars injectors are spraying in.

My two cents, drain the car on the day your going to the track and fill the tank and the standalone with c16. If you can afford all the cost and needed equipment to safely spray your car on the high ends of 250+ hp nitrous you can't tell me throwing 10gallons of c16 in your gas tank is going to break you.

The standalone is great for being an independent fueling pump and supply but IMO it does not make your motor safer to spray with on pump gas....

In your theory the 93 has no "cushion", so you're thinking the c16 in the standalone has to take on the whole 250-300 shot.

However there are countless guys here running 150-175-200 shots on pump 93. So, in essence that is where the "cushion" has been taken away and you must add in more octane to keep detonation away hence the standalone with c16 in it. So, the c16 is for the rest of the big hit you are trying to spray, giving you more "cushion" to keep detonation at bay.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:43 AM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

You genuinely think that having nearly a third of your fuel 23 numbers higher on octane does not make a tune up safer?
Old 09-01-2011, 05:05 PM
On The Tree

The standalone setup is a greatly proven way of running the bigger shots. If it wasn't working people wouldn't be doing it over and over again. Plus this way, IF you wanted to squeeze it on the street, then you can
Old 09-02-2011, 01:03 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Graham@NitrousOutlet
You genuinely think that having nearly a third of your fuel 23 numbers higher on octane does not make a tune up safer?
No I didn't say that, I'm just saying the higher the shot the more high octane fuel you need to be safe so why wouldn't you put a few gallons in at for the track??
Old 09-02-2011, 07:40 AM
9 Second Club

I drive the car on hot rod power tour every year and that is a great example why i'm building the bottom end to run on 93 pump gas. we drive hundreds of miles and then stop at a track where I would be spraying the car. The stand alone fuel setup for the nitrous sounds like the perfect solution for me so I can drive all over the place on pump gas and when I need to spray I have c16 in the fuel cell ready at any time. As long as its proven to be safe I'm definetly going this route.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:43 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

No I didn't say that, I'm just saying the higher the shot the more high octane fuel you need to be safe so why wouldn't you put a few gallons in at for the track??
Thats what the standalone is for. You change the fuel jets.

Let me ask you this, I know of people personally who are running a 300 shot with a standalone, at what size shot do you think that the standalone is not enough to keep it safe?
Old 09-02-2011, 09:44 AM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

the higher the shot the more high octane fuel you need to be safe
I do agree with this statement. I guess it was just the wording on the last post.

However you can tune a pretty decent size shot with 93 in the tank and a 116+ in the stand alone safely.

Quick Reply: how much can you spray on pump gas?