Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Avg price for roll cage install?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 11:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Avg price for roll cage install?

I need to get a 6pt Wolfe Roll cage... was wondering if anyone knew what the average price is for the install (weld in cage)
Old 03-05-2004, 02:51 PM
Motorboater

Horist, I will be doing mine prolly this month. I have an 8 point wolfe mild steel weld in with jig notching on order with speed inc.

I am putting it in with another member of this board that welds who wants to get his name out there for this kind of work, if you have a few weeks I will get mine done and you can see his work and then he can do yours, he'll be the cheapest thing around.

Price will depend on several things if you go to a random place. If you do cromoly it will need to be tig welded, which is more expensive than mig welding mild steel. if you don't get it jig notched that will up the labor price ALOT. So labor will vary alot depending on what exactly you want to do..
Old 03-05-2004, 03:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I was cage shopping, most places would knock of substantial money if you had the interior already gutted before you took it to them. You may want to ask your potential installer about discounts based on that.
Old 03-05-2004, 03:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

cool thanks for the replies

Sean I'm definetly interested to see how it turns out.. I wouldn't be getting the cage installed for a few weeks anyways (my latest project went a bit over budget...).

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Avg price for roll cage install?