Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Thoughts of future bottom end

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 05:14 PM
QTB
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts of future bottom end

Time to support the top end I've assembled, which consist of a solid roller cam and all the goods to go with it and some L92 heads. I'm not looking for a huge amount of power so I'm keeping the displacement of my ls2 close to stock but it's going to be a weekend HPDE car so it will see a lot of continuous high rpm driving. I don't really drive it around town so driveabilty can go right out the window. I'm planning on reving it to 7k-7500, we'll see where the power is I guess.

So what have I missed? Here's the plan for now. I'd like to possibly restrict oil flow to the heads because of the solid roller cam and to help with main oiling. I think the best way to do this is through the cam bearings oiling holes. Is that correct? I'm also planning on using a 2.000" journal to help lower bearing speeds. Thoughts on this? Makes since in my head but I am probably missing some cons.

Item------------Manufacture/product----notes
Crank------------Callies/Compstar----------2.000 rod journals/1500HP+ rated/stock stroke

Rods-------------Callies/Compstar---------7500 rpm limit/~900HP/6.125"/ ARP 2000 bolts

Pistons-----------Diamond - TBD---------- SCR 10.3-10.8:1

main bearings----Clevit Race Bearings ------Medium level of eccentricity and high crush

rod bearings------Clevit Race Bearings------for 2.000 rods, Medium level of eccentricity and high crush

cam bearings------Clevit Race Bearings------Medium level of eccentricity and high crush

HV oil pump--------Melling-------------------18% increase in flow rate

APR fasteners--------main caps