Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Has anyone purchased one of Roger's new Superhawk hoods?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 07:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Has anyone purchased one of Roger's new Superhawk hoods?

I've been talking to Joe Black who is helping Roger build these new Superhawk hoods. I've actually been talking to him since the day he posted they were making them again. He has said that he has several finished, and mine would be done in about a week and a half. Before I send any money that way, I would like to know if someone has the new Superhawk hood yet, and how it turned out. I would also like to find out if anyone lives near the Gettysburg / Biglerville area, and possibly get them to take a trip over to Roger's shop and check things out. At this point, I may even be willing to give up my turn in line just so someone nearby can go to Roger, put their hands on the hood, test fit the hood, etc. and confirm that there are no issues and the quality is just as it was a few years ago when he was producing these. Worst case scenario, I would probably be willing to pay someone some gas money to go do all of that for me if anyone was interested.

Sorry for the long post, but I just don't take any chances when it comes to my money. This guy Joe seems cool as hell, but I have to be sure.

Thanks,

Billy
Old 08-31-2011, 07:54 PM
Launching!

i'd like to know how these turn out too. id order one in a heartbeat if its all what its supposed to be
Old 08-31-2011, 08:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have one of Rogers WS9 hoods, but honestly I'm a little skeptical of this guy claiming to be working with Roger.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Danny2tek
I have one of Rogers WS9 hoods, but honestly I'm a little skeptical of this guy claiming to be working with Roger.
Yeah, I hear ya. That is why I am trying to get some help in figuring this whole deal out. If everything is legit, everyone will benefit, but if no one can help, then someone may get screwed.........and I sure the hell don't want that to happen to me or anyone else.

This guy Joe has said that he has talked or messaged several people, and said that one hood was just sent out to Colorado.

No one out there is nearby that area in PA huh?
Old 09-02-2011, 06:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was skeptical of that joe black guy since he posted, anyone else notice that thread got deleted? I'll be in Leesburg, VA next week but i don't know if I'll have any free time to make the drive.....
Old 09-02-2011, 10:14 PM
On The Tree

I talked to him today. Said he got banned for trying to sell those hoods w/out being a sponsor, and all threads were deleted.......makes sense.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:26 AM
On The Tree

There has to be someone in that area that is interested in this hood and would like to know for themselves!
Old 09-05-2011, 10:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I get home. Im honestly going to do a small drive up there. I mean I have nothing better to do, plus it would be a hell of a fun drive. (For me that is) But Im going to find out myself for sure if this is true. You all will know and I will be posting along my travels. It will be around April. Thats when I get out of the military. Me and my car will make the trip. Someone else might do it before me but Im just saying Im going to make the trip there and find out for sure if this is all real. I was so excited about it when he wrote it. But whos to say its not real or real. Im going to be every ones lab rat and find out.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:32 PM
On The Tree

Well if the hood is done this Wednesday like he said, I get some pics, and I talk to Roger, then I guess I might go ahead with the deal. I would kill to have someone make a drive up there for me/us, but it doesn't look like thats gonna happen. I will keep EVERYONE updated and post up what transpires. I am trying to figure out an even more secure way of paying so I don't get screwed if things go south. Look for an updated later this week for sure.

Later,

Billy
Old 09-05-2011, 06:31 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I beleive we had exchanged some PM's about this topic. I'm about 1.5 hours east of Roger but to be able to find 3 hours to make the round trip is going to be tough with having 2 kids and a wife with her own business.

Like I said, get on the phone with Roger himself, not anyone else. Ask for a picture of the hood with a picture of todays paper on it just to be sure it's current and not a picture of a hood from 2-3 years ago. The problem with Roger was never the quality, it was his ability to fill orders when he went through personal problems since he was a one man operation. So if you can get a pic of a hood and a shipping tracking number you're golden.

Don't be afraid to tell Roger that he's got 24 hours to get you a tracking order after payment or you'll cancel payment / dispute the charges.

If he really is back, then you'll be safe in getting your hood, and rest assured, it'll be typical Roger quality.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
I beleive we had exchanged some PM's about this topic. I'm about 1.5 hours east of Roger but to be able to find 3 hours to make the round trip is going to be tough with having 2 kids and a wife with her own business.

Like I said, get on the phone with Roger himself, not anyone else. Ask for a picture of the hood with a picture of todays paper on it just to be sure it's current and not a picture of a hood from 2-3 years ago. The problem with Roger was never the quality, it was his ability to fill orders when he went through personal problems since he was a one man operation. So if you can get a pic of a hood and a shipping tracking number you're golden.

Don't be afraid to tell Roger that he's got 24 hours to get you a tracking order after payment or you'll cancel payment / dispute the charges.

If he really is back, then you'll be safe in getting your hood, and rest assured, it'll be typical Roger quality.

I hear ya. I know how it is.......I got a pair of boys myself. I was really trying to guilt some of the young 'uns into going......it would be a good reason for a road trip right? BTW, thanks for the responses, makes me feel a little better about how to approach the shituation from here.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TransWS6Am
I was skeptical of that joe black guy since he posted, anyone else notice that thread got deleted? I'll be in Leesburg, VA next week but i don't know if I'll have any free time to make the drive.....
Originally Posted by LCTA
I talked to him today. Said he got banned for trying to sell those hoods w/out being a sponsor, and all threads were deleted.......makes sense.
No. His ip had two accounts or the like.
I messaged a mod and had him as well as an admin look into it. When they banned him it also deleted the thread with it.. Happens sometimes.

My opinion: 100% scam.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:18 AM
Launching!

Plenty of people would have multiple ip addresses tired to their account. I can easily think of at least 3 or 4 that would show up for my account. I would give the guy a chance before declaring it a scam.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:23 AM
On The Tree

lemons was saying the guy had to 2 accounts tied to 1 IP, not that he had multiple IP addresses on one account. thats the way I read it anyway.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:37 AM
Launching!

Gotcha, that makes a little more sense but still not enough for me to completely write the guy off. Considering the bad press roger got as he wound his operation down, I would think most people would be pretty skeptical initially and therefore not the ideal targets for a scam

Last edited by Shenlon; 09-06-2011 at 09:20 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But he did very good quality products and if you noticed, everyone was excited when he announced that he was making more. I thought roger was still making hoods, just not for fbodies. But I would be skeptical until I knew I was talking to roger (how do you really know its him though if your on a phone...) And saw the hood in person and not just a photo someone jacked from another customer
Old 09-06-2011, 02:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Z28MJ
lemons was saying the guy had to 2 accounts tied to 1 IP, not that he had multiple IP addresses on one account. thats the way I read it anyway.
Correct.
Originally Posted by my bandit
But he did very good quality products and if you noticed, everyone was excited when he announced that he was making more. I thought roger was still making hoods, just not for fbodies. But I would be skeptical until I knew I was talking to roger (how do you really know its him though if your on a phone...) And saw the hood in person and not just a photo someone jacked from another customer
Yes, he Is.. he wasnt making enough with fbody hoods so he quit.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:38 AM
TECH Resident

I'm the one on Colorado that got the first hood on this superhawk comeback. I just picked it up last night. The hood looks great. I can't wait to get to test fitting it. Hopefully later this week if I can get the time away from work. Being the first one there were some delays but so far it was definitely well worth the wait. The only issue I have on the hood was a tiny hairline scratch and a small rough spot but they're only on the gelcoat. Neither will be noticed once prep begins. I'm at work now posting this via blackberry. I'll get some pics up when I get home.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:43 AM
On The Tree

Oh thank you Lord! PLEASE post up pics when you get the chance!
Old 09-07-2011, 11:59 AM
TECH Resident

Gonna try and get the few pics I have on my phone uploaded to photobucket on the blackberry, bear with me here. Sorry if they don't work and sorry for multiple posts lol phones kind of hard to maneuver around this site

Quick Reply: Has anyone purchased one of Roger's new Superhawk hoods?