View Full Version : Ak???

ChevyAllTheWay
09-01-2011, 01:11 AM
I take offense that AK isn't listed under here. I'll be moving to Alaska soon so anybody up their reads this hit me up. I'm really looking forward to being near Anchorage, hear a lot of good drag racing up there.

Mikey 97Z M6
09-01-2011, 10:13 AM
I thought Alaska was a country? LOL....

MIke

*02WS6TURK*
09-01-2011, 03:08 PM
I hear the 1/4 drag is held on top of a glacier...

Frozen WS6
09-03-2011, 09:48 AM
I've pm'd a mod about that before. With No response.

That's because schools don't teach geography well. The maps have us as an island down by Hawaii.

Just don't go to Fairbanks unless you want to freeze your ass off in the winter. lol.
Make sure you get the seasonal registration on that camaro too. We have I.M. testing in Anchorage and EagleRiver, and that will exempt it from the tests.

Look up Alaska Raceway Park. There's a vid in my sig from one of my better runs out there.

*02WS6TURK*
09-03-2011, 12:14 PM
[QUOTE=Frozen WS6;15345776]I've pm'd a mod about that before. With No response.QUOTE]

No surprise. Get used to it. They could careless.

NataSS Inc
09-06-2011, 09:53 PM
I put a post in the admin section to have it moved into the NW section.

ChevyAllTheWay
09-07-2011, 05:57 AM
Make sure you get the seasonal registration on that camaro too. We have I.M. testing in Anchorage and EagleRiver, and that will exempt it from the tests.

I.M? Inspection of some kind on smog??? That's not cool, what are the smog laws up there? There is no way my car could be smog legal again :(, no egr, not cats, no air...

98goldz28
09-07-2011, 07:19 AM
Thanks for doing that NataSS

Frozen WS6
09-07-2011, 08:15 AM
I put a post in the admin section to have it moved into the NW section.

Thanks Natass. We are the 49th state and we don't live in igloos and we do have cool cars too. But there are pics of my car floating around hauling the dog sled :D

I.M? Inspection of some kind on smog??? That's not cool, what are the smog laws up there? There is no way my car could be smog legal again :(, no egr, not cats, no air...

I believe you would need a current smog test, then you will want to get it onto the seasonal smog program. You will probably want to call them to find out the exact details. Are you military? If so leave it registered in your previous state.
http://www.muni.org/departments/health/environment/im/Pages/default.aspx

We're waiting for this too.
http://www.muni.org/Departments/Mayor/Pages/IMtestrepeal.aspx

6.0mcSS
10-15-2011, 04:47 AM
If you're willing to freeze your ass off in Fairbanks there is no longer an IM up here!