Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Really need help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 09:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Really need help!!!

Please help me with this!
Im in the home stretch of building a 76' FJ40 Landcrusier into a crawler. Im using a 5.3L, 01 LM7 motor out of a GMC Sierra with a same year 4L60E transmission, coupled to a DUAL TRANSFER CASE set up for deep gearing. FOr the Harness, I used Howell wtih out smog stuff as I am exempt where I am it.
The question that I have is will the VSS NOT correlate properly when in LOW GEAR?
I DID call Howell on this and talked to their programmer "troy". He said that it COULD make a difference, BUT probably NOT noticeable, BUT.... as a precaution, He said "Run a wire from the RED PLUG, pin 16 to GROUND and that should take care of any problems associated with this." He said that this was the 4LOW pin.
Now...I cant profess to know what those wires are, where they go, what they control etc., but.... If there is no switch to indicate 4low and High, is it just going to run FULL TIME?
All the pin outs I have looked at, the 16 pin says NOT USED. What is the 16 pin for? Does this make sense to anyone?

Im ALMOST FAWKING DONE!!!

PLLLLEEEEASE HELP!

Thanks,

Chicago
Old 09-02-2011, 09:55 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not sure if this helps but a few people in the comments have similar questions (click the link, don't just play the vid):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBqZ6lQ3IVQ