UT vs Rice, where to watch in Houston???

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 10:07 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default UT vs Rice, where to watch in Houston???

Anyone know if any bar/restaurant/anything will have the UT/Rice game on tomorrow night? Dumbass LHN is already pissing me off.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:34 AM
Teching In

look for your local Texas Exes chapter.. they always have watch parties!
whats wrong with longhorn network?
Old 09-02-2011, 10:42 AM
TECH Junkie

There are currently no providers who carry LHN in the Houston area. Looks we're SOL.

-Mike
Old 09-02-2011, 10:49 AM
Staging Lane

Nothing's wrong w/it, its a great idea. Just shoul've done a lot more preparing to get to more providers. The team has gone through a major shakeup and would be awesome to get a glimpse of them tomorrow night. Me personally, I want a glimpse at Gilbert to see how he's gonna handle himself. Or if Casey McCoy makes an appearance, what he'll look like.

No dice....

Like one article said...."Bet you $300 million that a lot more than 100,000 fans want to get some eyes on this game."
Old 09-02-2011, 11:04 AM
On The Tree

What about in Dallas? Everyone up here seems to have Dish or DirecTV.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Trendkiller Z
What about in Dallas? Everyone up here seems to have Dish or DirecTV.
This is a list of all the providers that carry LHN:

http://espn.go.com/longhornnetwork/affList

-Mike

Last edited by chupr0kabra; 09-02-2011 at 01:37 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:01 PM
TECH Resident

lololololololol ESPN didn't think this through apparently. Providers are saying that ESPN-UT is asking for way too much money when they will only broadcast 2 football games, and they are both against scrubs.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:05 PM
TECH Resident

bwahahahaha...LongWHOREnetwork
Old 09-02-2011, 04:07 PM
TECH Resident

If anyone out there is thinking of starting a network of anything, this is exactly how you should NOT do it. Advertisements have been out for at least 8 months for this thing, and you still can't watch it anywhere ahahahahaha
Old 09-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Teching In

Tailgate in midtown
Old 09-02-2011, 04:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
This is a list of all the providers that carry LHN:

http://espn.go.com/longhornnetwork/affList

-Mike
Yeh, the problem is all the bars have Dish or DirecTV.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:36 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah i need to see dem Horns tear some heads off!!! PM the Bully if u know of a spot to watch the game here in the Houston area..
Old 09-02-2011, 09:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by tripps
lololololololol ESPN didn't think this through apparently. Providers are saying that ESPN-UT is asking for way too much money when they will only broadcast 2 football games, and they are both against scrubs.

considering the rest are nationally aired games.

they'll get it ironed out through the year i'm sure and to my knowledge they just added Grande as a provider, which is only in Austin/cen tex area.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:30 PM
12 Second Club

Damn I figured everybody in the country would carry the LHN! JK I guess I don't get the LHN why would anybody besides Lonhhorn fans want it? I know there is alot of UT fans but enough to support an entire channel? And would the programing even be good enough for horn fans to want it? I guess it doesnt matter with OU announcing they are persuing other conferences which means OSU is gone too, with A&M going SEC in 2012 and no other conference allowing a single institution to have its own network it looks like Texas will either drop the LHN or go independant. Suck the Big 12 allowed one school to call the shots and run everybody off
Old 09-03-2011, 10:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Maybe I'm an atypical Longhorn alumnus/fan, but I really hate the whole direction UT is going. Regionally, UT is huge. Nationally...how many people in Akron, OH are going to want to pay extra for a UT sports channel? ESPN wants $0.44 per subscriber, which might not sound like much, but it is. I'll be pretty surprised if Dish and DirecTV cave to that. They might offer the network as a paid channel, or as part of an extended sports package, but then I'll need to ask myself if it's worth it to pay an extra $5.00 + fees per month for the two games per year they will show exclusively.

On a broader scale, UT's arrogance is blowing up college football. IMO, UT NEEDS to be in a conference. If they try to go independent, very few of the true contenders will want to schedule a good UT team, and if last year wasn't an aberration, but a sign of the next few years, an independent UT team will start losing recruits. Given the choice between the chance to be on a nationally televised game vs being on a network few people get, which would you pick as a recruit?

And that's with the talent level Mack has been able to land. When he retires, UT could very well go back to the way it was in the John Mackovic era - a big school with rabid fans that wins enough games to get to around the top 15 before blowing a stupid game against New Mexico State (or some team like that).

Swallow your pride, Deloss. Figure out where OU is going and go with them.

-Mike
Old 09-03-2011, 11:33 AM
12 Second Club

Yea I think your right but whats done is done. Not to mention Dodds has his head so far up his *** he will never drop the LHN. He is trying to call the shots for the entire conference and everybody is pretty much telling him to go screw himself ie CU, NU, A&M, OU ect. I can't wait for A&M to be the only team in Texas that can bring kids into the SEC. Esp if Texas goes to a weaker West coast conference that Texas kids and parents have little interest in as far as travel and TV go.

Quick Reply: UT vs Rice, where to watch in Houston???