Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

98 formula firebird

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 03:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 98 formula firebird

Year: 1998
Make: Pontiac
Model: Firebird
Price: $7500
Mileage: 101000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): TX
Color: White
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Im gonna try and be upfront and try and remember everything about this car so bare with me. Its gonna sound like a lot, but its a bunch of small stuff that when added up seems like a lot. Car is not perfect by any means.

VIN: 2G2FV22G3W2213943

Car DOES RUN AND DRIVE FINE.

Currently has 101k on the odometer. And about 80-90k on the motor

Motor has 806 heads that have been ported. By who ? idk. I couldnt get a straight answer from the previous owner. Has stock valve springs on one side and blue valve springs on the other side. It has aftermarket headers, but for the life of me i cannot remember what they are. Has BBK throttle body on a ls1 intake.

Was told the cam is a 232/236 578/578 or (576/576 cant remember), on a 114lsa (someone correct me if im wrong)

I CURRENTLY HAVE A SET OF PATRIOT GOLD .650" dual valve springs ready to go in. patriot part#8401

I was told car was on a speed density tune, so most likely it will need retuned because the old owner had 42# injectors in the car and when i had to motor replaced badchad couldnt get the car to stay running, got someone he knew to get into it with hptuners and put it back to stock injectors, so the car deff will need a tune.

Front rotors are slotted. Has a lt1 rear end with 3.42 gears. Dont ask me why there is a lt1 rear in a ls1 car, i have no idea. Just the way the old owner had it.

Has spohn(i believe) lower control arms and panhard rod.

Transmission is a built 4l60e from phoenix transmissions, was told it was rated for something like 600hp. With a pt4000 stall, and a big *** transmission cooler with an lines. What size an lines im not sure.

Small stuff that needs to be done:
*Interior needs to be put back together. Just the parts under the passenger side and driver side.
*Driver door lock panel needs replaced.
*The window seals on the door (the outside part, bottom of the window that connects to the door needs to be put back into place)
*Both window motors need replacing. Driver side doesnt roll down, Passenger side is SLOW
*The top bumper bolts need to be put on, bumper is sagging on the top. *Drivers door has developed a sag as well, not that bad though, still shuts just fine.
*Needs under-the-hood a/c&heat parts. Aka a/c lines, compressor, condensor, things of that nature

Has a few scratches no major dents or dings, and on the passenger door above the handle the clear coat has came off it looks like.

Like i said it seems like the car has alot of problems but it really is nothing to effect the way it runs and drives, mainly cosmetic stuff.

Car will come with several parts not installed:
FTRA box
water temp guage
tranny temp guage
oil pressure guage

Asking price is 7500 OBO.
I know it seems like alot but i know there are alot of low ballers everywhere, so thats my as-is starting price. If i get all the problems sorted out, all the small **** fixed and a retune, im gonna be pretty firm-ish on the price.

If there is something i am forgetting, as soon as i remember i will post up in here

Walk around video and driving video. Dont mind the accent.

Last edited by boofthese; 09-04-2011 at 03:47 PM. Reason: forgot to add vin
Old 09-07-2011, 08:23 PM
On The Tree

ok How about this. $5k no lower. I want this car gone.

Title is not in my name, HOWEVER it is signed and ready to be put into someone elses name. Thats not a bad thing since even if it was in my name you would have to pay for it to be switched over anyways.

Car does need inspection btw.

Also forgot to put the car has a full borla exhaust with quad square tips
Old 09-08-2011, 08:45 PM
On The Tree

bump ttt
Old 09-11-2011, 09:31 PM
On The Tree

Bump ttt
Old 09-14-2011, 04:30 PM
On The Tree