Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Performance Friction Big Brake Kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Friction Big Brake Kit

Have any 4th gen fbody owners tried this brake kit? If so what are your opinions on the quality, customer service, etc;

I was heading towards StopTech, but a recent PFB ad caught my attention.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:17 PM
TECH Addict

I don't know how their Fbody kit is, but there E92 M3 kit works great from my experience. I put a set of Wilwood SL6Rs with 2 piece rotors on my Camaro and love them so far
Old 09-09-2011, 08:45 PM
On The Tree

I couldnt tell you either, i just found these systems today myself. Im currently in the middle of installing the Baer kits I bought. Was just curious, why you leaning towards Stoptech? I wasnt aware they offered a kit.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:56 PM
Teching In

Default StopTech, PFB or Baer

StopTech offers a front kit but nothing for the rear ($2100), PFB offers front and rear kit for about $5000+. GMHTP magazine just put out an article on a Baer 6P system. The front worked flawlessly but there were issues with the rear set up. I would like to have matching components front and back, but $5000 is pretty steep. I am right back where I started, which is at a loss.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

i would love a kit.........but 5000$ ??? .........thats more than my car is worth
Old 09-10-2011, 06:29 PM
On The Tree

But thats $5k for BOTH front and rear. I just purchased the Baer Extreme+ for the front and the Pro+ for the rear. So far have only gotten the front kit on, but it goes on so easily and fits perfectly WITHOUT any modifications. Ill have to look into this GMHTP article about the rear. It sounds like its the same kit that I purchased. I went with Baer over the Brembo Gran Turismo kit and the Wilwood kit, 1. because the Brembo kit was only 4 piston and 13" rotors 2. because the Wilwood kit was only the 13" rotors as well. I do like the fact that Wilwood now has a matching 6 piston front/4 piston rear set-up, but I for some reason was more attracted to Baer kit. I think I may have liked the overall look better and the fact that Baers 6S calipers are 1 piece monoblock design. I know Stoptech is good stuff, but again, I wanted a bigger rotor/6 pistons for the front. I think the Stoptech kit is new also, I dont remember it being offered when I was looking. I looked into AP Racing also while I was researching, but they dont offer anything either. Of course they now have a kit for the 2010's and up!
Old 09-12-2011, 01:21 PM
TECH Addict

Wilwood makes a front rear setup.have for a long time now. There's nothing wrong with 2 piece calipers, a lot of high end race calipers from companies like AP Racing make 2 piece calipers. Depending on material used, there are advantages/disadvantages to both. Also getting sucked into rotor size is usually an up-sale. The weight of a 14" rotor and sheer size is unnecessary unless you are going to be doing endurance racing. Even for sprint races (an hour or less) 14" rotors are not needed if the proper cooling is in place. If anything it acts as a larger heat sink and added weight that slows you down.

Quick Reply: Performance Friction Big Brake Kit