Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Quick correction on a 2010 Grand Sport

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 01:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Quick correction on a 2010 Grand Sport

A local client called me up and said he traded his 08 Corvette in for a new 2010 Grand Sport and wanted to get it looking a bit better. The main concern was removing the majority of the swirls installed from being washed at the dealership. Just a 1 step correction was scheduled and yielded about 75%+ removal of the swirls. Tried a different combo on this one. LC orange with Menz 106FA, an unusual combo but it worked well on the hard corvette clear.

LSP was CG Factory Sealant 2.0. Seemed to do the job and was slick, but in comparison to BFWD, Menzerna Powerlock, Wolfgang 3.0....it didn't spread well at all. A LOT of product use to cover an area and was very hard to see on the surface. CG Factory Sealant 2.0 does the job, but its not my favorite. I was expecting more from it. But bottom line is the paint is protected and looks good.

Before

Some of the dealer-installed swirls

Finished pics

Thanks for looking
Old 09-06-2011, 01:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Looks better. I know it's the job of the dealerships to sale the cars rather than but a lot of time into detailing it to make it look like something you would do GoFast but I know there are some simple things these places could do to help avoid half the paint mess ups they do. That sucks that a person would spend all this money on a new car and have to end up spend more just to get it to look good. I know it's business for you and I'm not trying to knock on you and your work but dealerships just get me.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:28 PM
TECH Junkie

^ well it keeps me busy fixing their sub-par work

Quick Reply: Quick correction on a 2010 Grand Sport