Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performabuilt Customer Service

Old 09-07-2011, 01:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Performabuilt Customer Service

Well, its been about a year or more since I installed my performabuilt Level 2 transmission and couldn't be happier with it being able to handle everything I throw at it. . . . even the unexpected things.

So I decided to make a visit up to Murfreesboro,TN for the labor day weekend to hang out with some family. Tropical storm Lee on the other hand decided I should stay an extra day longer as I am not a huge fan of driving my Camaro in the pouring rain considering it's a camaro in rain and even my cousin's M3 was hydroplaning all day.

I decided to make my way out home on Monday after waiting and figuring it out that the storm WOULD NOT GO AWAY. Well, I got about 4 exits down HWY-24 and all the sudden my stall unlocks from overdrive. A sickening feeling swept over me as I feared the worst was happening to my transmission. So, I put her in drive and made my way to the nearest exit and pulled into a subway parking lot. As I get out I see red all underneath my feet in the pouring rain. . .
This is the part explaining why I am posting this. In a fit of panic and bewilderment I called performabuilt's number out of sheer desperation hoping Frank would answer based on all the stellar reviews I found on LS1tech. And true to the posts he answers . . . .at 8:30p.m on ******* labor day and the poor guy had to listen to my spastic ***.

I mean really, Who does that? anyone that says "stay away" "hes protected because he's a sponser" yada yada seriously need to go flame elsewhere.

sooo . . . . the rubber cooler hose popped off the return hardline to the transmission. All is well, I made the trip back after I layed on my back, with my head halfway under my lowered car, putting 2 hose clamps on my line by feeling alone while enjoying the 58 degree weather in puddles of water and finding out first hand what it feels like to be water boarded by my own car as rain poured off the nose.

Bottom line, Thanks Frank, you were there when I needed your help.

That is all.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:19 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

You are certainly welcome

Call 888-744-6542

Old 09-07-2011, 12:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sykokilla
finding out first hand what it feels like to be water boarded by my own car as rain poured off the nose.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seriously, I was moved!

Chad
Old 09-08-2011, 09:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Glad you got home
Old 09-11-2011, 07:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well iv had some issues with mines and i have to say, they have been very friendly about the situation unlike some companies give u a hard time after they get ur money!
Old 09-11-2011, 10:47 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by los p
well iv had some issues with mines and i have to say, they have been very friendly about the situation unlike some companies give u a hard time after they get ur money!
My thought has always been simple fact things happen sometimes and no sense in doing anything other than solving the issue as quickly as possible with the least pain possible. No sense in fighting or giving a hard time just make it right.
Frank

Call 888-744-6542

Old 09-12-2011, 04:34 PM
TECH Regular

frank answered my call at 3 a.m the weekend after i installed his tranny lol . i just talked to him today about my next motor and his oppinion on what trans to do . needless to say im a very happy customer and will continue to send people his way. just remeber its the internet and everyone has a 9 sec and a million guys he likes . i research **** before i do it . frank has been nothing butt great to me and honest , my one and only trans problem was tune related and my shift points needed tailering and he walked me thru it . i have thrown many no2 passes and hard street driving on it as well . keeps on taking it like a champ . thank u frank
Old 09-24-2011, 01:16 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You just help me decide where I'm getting my new tranny from.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:19 PM
12 Second Club

Just convinced me on who to do my tranny work!

Search this Thread