Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

New Sponsor w/Dyno Tuning - Unleashed Performance

Old 09-08-2011, 07:53 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New Sponsor w/Dyno Tuning - Unleashed Performance

It's official! There's a new shop in town! Well, there will be in about a week anyway. The new shop is called "Unleashed Performance", located less than 15 minutes from downtown Louisville at 8050 State Rd 64, Georgetown, IN 47122. We will be doing everything performance related, ranging from parts and installations, to parts design and development, and even complete turn-key custom builds! We just picked up our DynoJet chassis dyno a couple weeks ago, so obviously I'll still be doing what I love most....Dyno Tuning! We plan to Grand Open on 9-19-11, but I'll be sure to keep everyone updated.

To those of you that have known me for a long time (I've been a member on LS1Tech since day one), you probably already know what this means to me. I'm so excited about it that words just can't explain. But I'd like to thank the person that has not only helped to make this all possible, but also believes enough in the future of this business that he has invested the capital necessary for us to be a zero-debt company! This person is one of my oldest friends, and now my business partner, Rob Pappas. He doesn't have an LSx vehicle "yet", but we did take a new CTS-V for a test drive last weekend. So who knows...maybe that'll be the next shop car.

Last, but not least, there's one more person I want to mention. If you're a local car nut, and you've been around the Louisville, Ky area long at all, you already know Cindy Edwards, "The Dyno Lady". She's been running the Dyno shop at Automotion since it began about 8 yrs ago. And I've had the priveledge of being friends with her for over 25 yrs, as well as working side by side with her at Automotion for the last year. So I'm proud to say that she has joined us full time at Unleashed Performance!!

At the moment, we have a temporary website up with all of the basic info. But we are working on a full site now, complete with shopping cart, video's, customer cars, and shop projects. So please be patient!

It's gonna be a wild ride and I can't wait to get it fired up! Thanks to everyone for all of your support over the years! It hasn't gone unnoticed.

One more thing: I will be very slow responding to posts here after tonight, as we will be heading down to Bowling Green, Ky for LSfest. I won't be racing at this event, but hopefully at the LSx Shootout next month in Indy. Hope to see you guys there!!!!
Old 09-09-2011, 05:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome back Rob

Looking forward for more turbo setups
Old 09-09-2011, 12:59 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by venom ws7
Welcome back Rob

Looking forward for more turbo setups
Thank you! They're definitely on the way....
Old 09-12-2011, 05:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Great to see you back here, Rob! The 'ol Direct-Flo airlid is still on SS...

Best of luck to you guys!

Trent
Old 09-12-2011, 06:02 PM
10 Second Club

three words... Quarter Mile Performance... haha. Welcome back.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome back Rob! I still watch the old videos of the silver car from time to time!
Old 09-15-2011, 12:21 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by B18B1LS1
Welcome back Rob! I still watch the old videos of the silver car from time to time!
Me too! lol

Hopefully I'll have some more boosted videos to add real soon. About to start building a turbo kit for my '99 FRC C5 in the next few weeks. Turbo is on the way, and I'll post up a build thread in the FI section as soon as it shows up. Should be pretty cool, because I don't think anyone has done a setup quite like we're planning on doing. Yet.

Anywho, glad to be back!
Old 09-15-2011, 12:26 AM
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TrentSS
Great to see you back here, Rob! The 'ol Direct-Flo airlid is still on SS...

Best of luck to you guys!

Trent
Thanks Trent!! Hard to believe how many of those are out there! 39,999 to be exact. We made 40,000 of them, but I kept the last one for myself. Just saving it for the day I get another F-Body I guess. Well, either that or I'm sentimental.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:28 AM
10 Second Club

great to hear new businesses staring up in thease times!! wish you the best of luck and sucess!!
Old 09-15-2011, 12:33 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 402GOAT
great to hear new businesses staring up in thease times!! wish you the best of luck and sucess!!
Yea, not sure if it's bravery or stupidity. But I'll let you know in a year...

Thanks!
Old 09-16-2011, 02:31 PM
12 Second Club

Rob,

Welcome back to the business. So will you guys be doing motor swaps? Can't wait for your web page to be fully operational.

I am not looking for a race motor...more a car hauler motor for the "Burb" (suburban). Thinking of a crate 6.0 or 6.2 motor. Let me know if this is something you guys would be interested in.

Thanks

BTW, I think I still have the videos of the silver turbo f-bod on my other laptop! Awesome car!
Old 09-16-2011, 04:01 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ExceSSive
Rob,

Welcome back to the business. So will you guys be doing motor swaps? Can't wait for your web page to be fully operational.

I am not looking for a race motor...more a car hauler motor for the "Burb" (suburban). Thinking of a crate 6.0 or 6.2 motor. Let me know if this is something you guys would be interested in.

Thanks

BTW, I think I still have the videos of the silver turbo f-bod on my other laptop! Awesome car!
Thank you!! Great to be back. And yes, we will be doing just about everything. Be more than happy to take care of you.

Looks like our "official" Grand Opening day will be Sunday October 2nd. We're re-modeling the showroom right now and it's taking a bit longer than expected, so we moved back the opening by 2 weeks. I plan to have a much more developed website up by the time we open too. Just depends on how many more dyno tunes we get between now and then (we're open now for Dyno Tuning). I think I'm getting too old for these 14-16 hour days!! But then again, I'm doin what I love, right?

Btw, are the vids you have the same one's that are up on youtube? If not, I'd love to get copies!!
Old 09-16-2011, 04:41 PM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome back Rob, I'm looking forward to getting on your dyno once my junk is back together!
Old 09-16-2011, 05:15 PM
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Brian Tooley
Welcome back Rob, I'm looking forward to getting on your dyno once my junk is back together!
Thanks Brian. But so you know, I may not let you leave the dyno with my old vette! I miss that car a LOT! In fact, it's the screensaver on my PC and the wallpaper on my cell. I love the photoshoot Chris Endres did on it. Here's my wallpaper:

Enjoy!

Old 09-16-2011, 08:50 PM
12 Second Club

I will have to dig up the old laptop and see which ones. (That was 2 laptops ago)
Old 09-17-2011, 03:18 AM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Raymer@Unleashed
Thanks Brian. But so you know, I may not let you leave the dyno with my old vette! I miss that car a LOT! In fact, it's the screensaver on my PC and the wallpaper on my cell. I love the photoshoot Chris Endres did on it. Here's my wallpaper:

Enjoy!
That is a good picture of the car, I bought his book because of those pictures!

That surprises me that you would feel that way based on the MANY cars that you've owned! I figured that Viper would be on top, I was surprised to find out Judson's favorite car is a Viper.

The car only has a few thousand more miles on it now than what it did when you sold it to me in 2003!

Considering it's been wrecked twice and about burnt to the ground once, it's still in good shape. I broke the Vararam back in 03 and installed a new one with their OIL SOAKED FOAM FILTER. This is what a OIL SOAKED FOAM FILTER and a N2O backfire looks like after about 3 seconds, no lie...

Old 09-17-2011, 10:24 AM
FormerVendor

WOW! I remembered that happening, but didn't know about the foam filter. Sure makes a cool picture though! I have that same vara-ram on the C5 I have now, but I've never sprayed it (thankfully).

As far as missing that car, it's completely true. I have 3 favorites that I've owned. The Viper, the T-Type, and your C5. Probably in that order, so I agree with Judson. But Penny would put your C5 in the #1 position. And so would most of my friends and old customers. EVERYONE still brings up how good that car looked! Before I bought the FRC I have now, I was on the hunt for another white one. But after about a month of looking, I gave up and settled for red. And Penny was also trying to find a white one for herself, but had no luck either. So she settled for a Nassau blue C5 (which is a great color too, imho).

Anyway, just plan on leaving the dyno with either a red or blue C5.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:20 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck to you guys and let us know if there's anything we can do to help!
Old 09-23-2011, 06:43 PM
10 Second Club

Good to see you back buddy! I wish I had my old Direct flo lid back, best damn lid I've ever had. Need to make them again, in a bigger outlet version! I'm in for one! The Silver turbo car was one of the early fast cars, all that were in the game back then remember it! By that I mean all the old folks like Tooley!
Old 09-23-2011, 10:28 PM
TECH Regular

Silver Turbo Z, White Vette, Silver Turbo Formula, T-Type, Viper, Cobra, and Rear Mount Formula would be the order for me

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Sponsor w/Dyno Tuning - Unleashed Performance