Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

hydraulic issue

Old 09-09-2011, 01:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hydraulic issue

So I have the great sticking peddle issue. However I have one additional issue I am not sure of. When I am sitting at a stop with the clutch peddle depressed it seems that my clutch is bleeding down to where when I let off the pedal the clutch engages almost immediatly. My question is this. Is this most likely from the master or is this issue at the slave cylinder? I have changed the fluid out and it keeps turning black after a days driving. Thanks for any help and please ask for more details if I was not clear enough and I will answer as soon as possible.

Last edited by werewolf; 09-09-2011 at 01:25 PM. Reason: heading
Old 09-12-2011, 08:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello. it could be either one. My friend's Trans Am was doing this same thing and we decided to start with the clutch master cylinder, since the slave cylinder requires pulling the tranny. We replaced the clutch master and bled it and that solved the problem. The bleeder on the slave cylinder is not fun to get to, though. Just a heads up.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:03 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Feel free to call me and we can go over a few things on the phone to help determine what is going on exactly. Chris, 817-750-2000

Search this Thread