Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help identifying a fuse block

Old 09-10-2011, 12:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help identifying a fuse block

Long story short, I am helping my cousin swap an LS1 from a 2000 Corvette into his 72 Olds Vista Cruiser. He bought a 98 Firebird wiring harness and PCM from ebay and we have most of the connections hooked up, but I can't find a diagram for the fuse block it came with. I've found wiring diagrams from LT1 and LS1 F-bodies from various years, Corvettes and GTO's, but none of them look like this. It looks like most of the sensors get their power from this block, so I'm hoping we can feed power to it and have power to all of the sensors. Can anyone help identify what this fuse block is from? The pics are pretty crappy so I provided both for good measure. Thanks!

Old 09-10-2011, 12:31 AM
11 Second Club

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

That doesnt look like an F-body..any of them..
Old 09-10-2011, 10:42 AM
Staging Lane

It almost looks like a aftermarket piece??

Are there any GM part #'s "cast" into it?
Old 09-10-2011, 12:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jwcarguy
It almost looks like a aftermarket piece??

Are there any GM part #'s "cast" into it?
That's what I'm starting to think. I couldn't find any part numbers at all. It's hard telling what happened to this harness, as the guy he bought it from had cut it up in a few spots. We found that he obviously didn't know how to solder, so someone like that is more of a danger to anything wiring wise.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

that is an after market fuse block from Current Performance. They r based out of Port Richie Florida. I have used this fuse block twice. Only thing you may have to re-pin it. It was wired backwards. #87 on relay (to me) sends +12v power to accessories. CP wires it to receive fused +12v power.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dec010974
that is an after market fuse block from Current Performance. They r based out of Port Richie Florida. I have used this fuse block twice. Only thing you may have to re-pin it. It was wired backwards. #87 on relay (to me) sends +12v power to accessories. CP wires it to receive fused +12v power.
Awesome! Now we at least know it's origin. We figured out all the fuses and relays yesterday by using a pinout for the C100, C101, and C105 connectors, but it is nice to know where it came from. There are three large wires coming off of it, and I am guessing two are constant battery power, and one is switched. We didn't get as far as testing which fuses were powered all the time and which were on the key, so we may have some problems there if it isn't wired correctly.

Do you know if they just have that fuse box pinned the same for all the swaps or is each one different?
Old 09-11-2011, 01:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Thats a late 90's Cadillac Northstar fuseblock

If its not labelled, Id take a meter and trace the individual circuits so you know for sure what they are

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help identifying a fuse block