Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2000 Z28 vs 99 Cobra, Rx7, and older M3

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 11:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Z28 vs 99 Cobra, Rx7, and older M3

Tonight was a great night seeing as i have not had a race in about a month. Well the first run of the night was the m3, i was going right out of a side road and just as i turn a trans am and m3 fly by me, so i catch up. The trans am didn't want to run so i sped up to the m3 and as soon as i hit his bumper he took off so i followed (we were going about 55) i was pulling hard and passed him at about 70-75.

The next race happened about an hour later against an intercooled rx7. he passed me at about 45 with no traffic in sight, so i crept up and right as i did the light turned red up ahead. we gave each other a nod, and hit it when the light turned green. i spun a bit but caught traction well enough to take the jump and put him at my bumper through 1st, (a4) and after first he started pulling and had about a car on me around 80 and then i started creeping back up to his bumper and i guess he realized it so he proceed to cut into my lane causing me to hit the brakes and him nearly missing my front end.

The last race was against the cobra. we were going about 45 and i saw stang lights so i caught up and rolled the window down, it was 2 kids obviously willing to run. we went around the bend and he hit it so i followed suit. he got a pretty good jump on me as i wasn't expecting him to take off i had my hand on the horn ready to honk it off. he had about 1-2 cars on me then i started to pull him back and i was just about at his bumper when he had to brake for the car in front of him. i think i would have got him because we were only at about 70 when he let off but hey who knows.

I drive an a4 2000 Z28 stock w/ a K&N. i also had 1 passenger.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:29 PM
TECH Resident

Did the M3 sound stock?

RX7 is a douchebag

How were the mustang occupants 'Obviously willing to run'?? Anything done to that?

Great kills either way with a next to stock A4!
Old 09-14-2011, 03:49 PM
Teching In

No the M3 didn't sound stock. and i knew the cobra would run because it was 2 teenagers, windows open, and one of them staring at my car as i drove next to them. he couldnt see me because of the tint+night so i rolled the window down and he gave me a head nod before i could even think of it lol. but yes recently i found out that the cobra had a CAI, shorty headers, full magnaflow exhaust, and nitto drs. i was a lot happier when i found this out haha
Old 09-14-2011, 04:15 PM
Formally Simplɘ Jack

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good kills.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:28 PM
Teching In

Nice runs man. Wish i could have a night like that
Old 09-14-2011, 10:14 PM
Teching In

Thanks guys, and yeah it was definitely a good night, hopefully more to come