Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

exhaust question: NEED ADVICE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2004, 02:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust question: NEED ADVICE!!!

i took the cats off of my camaro today and punched out all that crap inside. if i put those on my T/A w/ o2 sensors, i know the SES light will come on, but will it run funny??? and will it make me faster?? and will it sound alot different??? i am gonna get o2 sims here soon. thanks in advance!!!
Old 03-06-2004, 03:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

i had an off road y pipe on my car (got one for cheap off the board so that i could eventually switch back to my stock y pipe for emissions testing), ses light came on, no problems with the car at all, just that brigh yellow glow that after a month i finally got used to it but then picked up some simms. im not sure if its different w/ gutted cats but i wouldn't think so.
Old 03-06-2004, 03:51 PM
On The Tree

Did you punch out the honey comb looking thing inside the cats? If you did the cats are damaged and no longer can be used, if you put them back on the computer will throw on a code. When it comes to HP wise there is no differance maybe a little but I am sure your car will sound a lil mean but I would not put them on if I were you.