Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st drive around town

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 11:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st drive around town

I rode around town for the first time this afternoon since project started. Very impressed with torque and throttle response.

Idle was a little rough and it seemed to wanna shut down while sitting at a light.

My guess is I maybe choking it out cause I've got the small 6 cylinder intake piece used to between the radiator and the abs. Also, I've got longtube headers and ECM hasn't been tuned for them. Not sure if that would effect it in that way, but just laying out the possibles.

One last thing, the spring on my fast 90mm tb seems to stick. I have to give the accelerator a quick press to get it to release at times when slowing to a stop.

Other than those issues, I'm pretty overall pretty pleased with the drive. Any input on the above would be appreciated.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default rough idle

I would definitely think you'll need to tune out the rear 02 sensors.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:37 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bustac
I would definitely think you'll need to tune out the rear 02 sensors.
Its an aftermarket harness did not include O2 sensor connectors.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:41 PM
12 Second Club

buddy of mine had a fast 90 tb that did the same sticking thing, iirc it didnt have anything to do with the spring, it was actually the tb blade that was sticking around the housing of the tb itself. might be worth a look
Jason
Old 09-14-2011, 03:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by VIPER EATER
buddy of mine had a fast 90 tb that did the same sticking thing, iirc it didnt have anything to do with the spring, it was actually the tb blade that was sticking around the housing of the tb itself. might be worth a look
Jason
Thanx, I'll. Check that out.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:54 PM
On The Tree

Today I installed a 90 that is somewhere between 3.5 to 4 inches in diameter and removed the small piece between the abs and the
Radiator. I also removed the factory v6 airbox and got a 4 in cone filter.

First thing I noticed was a faster start and it seemed to have a different toned exhaust sound. Also, I noticed that I lost the quick throttle response. I'm guessing I need to tune now for the larger intake. Or could it be too big now?
Old 09-23-2011, 05:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by djloc79
Today I installed a 90 that is somewhere between 3.5 to 4 inches in diameter and removed the small piece between the abs and the
Radiator. I also removed the factory v6 airbox and got a 4 in cone filter.

First thing I noticed was a faster start and it seemed to have a different toned exhaust sound. Also, I noticed that I lost the quick throttle response. I'm guessing I need to tune now for the larger intake. Or could it be too big now?
Anybody know why I lost the quick throttle response? A few people have told me that I would probably starve the engine of air with the small v6 piece on the intake that fits between the abs module and radiator. But when I added the 90 which gave it a higher airflow rate, I seemed to be moving backwards in progress instead of forward.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you put an aftermarket harness in without rear O2's you still have to have them shutoff in the ECU you can't just plug and play the car needs to be tuned.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 68 SS
If you put an aftermarket harness in without rear O2's you still have to have them shutoff in the ECU you can't just plug and play the car needs to be tuned.
Ok, thanx. Setting up an appointment with local speed shop soon.

Quick Reply: 1st drive around town