Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

tuning shop customer service

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 10:26 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tuning shop customer service

had my car tuned at a big name shop, not local. it is a day trip for me to go to said shop.

car DOES NOT have a lot done to it . simple bolt on car .

i was told at the first tune that a re tune would be free but dyno tyme would be x amount .
when i went back for a retune , (gear swap, ported stock intake )
i was charged 125% more than what i was quoted at the first tune .

now i dont have a lot of money to put in the car (you got to pay to play, thats why im still just a bolt on car after 6 years)

anytime i call the shop i am given the run around ,mainly because i havent droped 5k in the shop ,or more .

i hold the record for a bolt on gto 11.52 at 116 , and yes their tune helped .
but i am having a problem with the car ,when i call to ask a question , i am told i need to spend another 2500 bucks.
dont get to speak to who i asked for .
am i wrong ? for wanting to talk to the tuner ?
and not someone that picks up the phone .
Old 09-14-2011, 01:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 66tomcat
had my car tuned at a big name shop, not local. it is a day trip for me to go to said shop.

car DOES NOT have a lot done to it . simple bolt on car .

i was told at the first tune that a re tune would be free but dyno tyme would be x amount .
when i went back for a retune , (gear swap, ported stock intake )
i was charged 125% more than what i was quoted at the first tune .

now i dont have a lot of money to put in the car (you got to pay to play, thats why im still just a bolt on car after 6 years)

anytime i call the shop i am given the run around ,mainly because i havent droped 5k in the shop ,or more .

i hold the record for a bolt on gto 11.52 at 116 , and yes their tune helped .
but i am having a problem with the car ,when i call to ask a question , i am told i need to spend another 2500 bucks.
dont get to speak to who i asked for .
am i wrong ? for wanting to talk to the tuner ?
and not someone that picks up the phone .
I would definately be upset about this one too. I mean it doesnt matter how much you spend in a shop....business is business. If a shop wants a good reputation they cant treat one customer different than another.

The thing with these privately owned shops is that a lot of times they give you the run around because they can. Its not a corporation and there is no "per say" standards.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:06 AM
On The Tree

Dude seriously man. You already posted this at LS1gto.com. Before anybody adds to this read the full post here please...

actually you cant... it seems like the mods have deleted the thread. They were very professional and courteous though. Even offering to return yours to stock and offer a full refund.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:37 PM
12 Second Club

no they offered a partial refund , and the amount was not enough to be worth the time and fuel it would take to get to the shop.

the problem is not with the tune , the problem is with i wanted some more info about a posiable problem with the tune .

this was not the first time i called the shop and was met with the same attitude.

for them to blame an unknown shop , saying there work was no good .
this unknow shop is standing behind there work , knowing that the car is drag raced .

and i posted this on several car sites, i deleted the thread on ls1gto.
it was getting no where.

sure here is your money ,but we wont ans your origional question.
because you refuse to spend 2500 or more on a transmission.

i dont know what the problem with the trans is i was simply looking for more info.
i havent read anything about anyone having the same problem.
not at my power level
Old 09-16-2011, 03:20 PM
Teching In

I would be pissed too, especially after spending that cash.