friendly inspection in arlington area?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 12:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default friendly inspection in arlington area?

Okay so I am having massive problems with my car, I went to have it inspected and it keeps saying "not ready" on my cats,o2s and evap...they told me to cycle it through so I did and it still doesn't work. I took it to 2 different shops and they are saying that my ecu is completely screwed and it needs a new one. I scanned the codes at autozone and it said backup power supply to ecu failure. They want 2,000 to fix the problem and I am backed up against the wall. My car only rolled over to 70,000 miles yesterday its in good condition besides the comp issue.
Anyway I need help very badly! If anyone knows of a place I can go to pass please lemme know.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

might wanna find a pcm at a junkyard and have it programmed. dealer only charges between an hour and 2 hours. it wont be 2k to fix.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:07 PM
TECH Regular

you're not going pass anywhere with the light on and/or codes present... they can let safety things slide but nothing you can do on emissions except use another car and the vin will be sent to austin and they will know the vin being read does not match up with the info entered in the inspection machine for your car and you will both eventually get caught... most places wouldn't do that anyway unless they are just plain dumb... it's easier to do on older cars ('95 and below) because there is no dlc so they have no way of knowing what car was used... you could also try having someone tune out the o2 codes and that might work... evap is a pain on these cars to get in "readiness" status... it could take alot of miles and many drive cycles to get that one set... it's either '01 or '02 cars (can't remember) you are only allowed 1 "not ready" and anything below that year back to '96 you are allowed 2 "not ready" and can still pass as long as the check engine light isn't on... also, have you recently disconnected the battery for any reason?... if you did, how much have you driven it since?... you might just need to drive it until they show "ready", sometimes it takes awhile

Last edited by neutron82; 09-14-2011 at 10:14 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:02 AM
Launching!

This is a Nissan 350z, its an 04. I just recently sold my TA. I drove 120 miles and it still said not ready. I hate this car with a passion already. Nissan dealer quoted us 2,000. I guess I could just drive the damn thing into a brick wall and get it over with. I bought it from a dealer in Dallas but they claim it had no issues when they had it.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:28 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by rayvendawn
Okay so I am having massive problems with my car, I went to have it inspected and it keeps saying "not ready" on my cats,o2s and evap...they told me to cycle it through so I did and it still doesn't work. I took it to 2 different shops and they are saying that my ecu is completely screwed and it needs a new one. I scanned the codes at autozone and it said backup power supply to ecu failure. They want 2,000 to fix the problem and I am backed up against the wall. My car only rolled over to 70,000 miles yesterday its in good condition besides the comp issue.
Anyway I need help very badly! If anyone knows of a place I can go to pass please lemme know.
"Back up power supply to ECU failure" I dont know anything specific about nissan but I would be checking for a fuse somewhere. By description it sounds like everytime you shut the car off it loses memory power the the ECM.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:41 PM
TECH Regular

This is a Nissan 350z, its an 04. I just recently sold my TA. I drove 120 miles and it still said not ready. I hate this car with a passion already. Nissan dealer quoted us 2,000. I guess I could just drive the damn thing into a brick wall and get it over with. I bought it from a dealer in Dallas but they claim it had no issues when they had it.
there's your problem haha jk... you would probably have better luck on a 350z forum as far as specifics on those cars and what to do... sometimes there are certain drive cycles you can run it through for certain readiness tests and eventually they should set... i would have a hard time believing the pcm is already toast, especially if you aren't having any other problems
Old 09-16-2011, 09:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

I might have a temporary solution for you that will last you a year...But it's not gonna fix the problem permanently. feel free 2 PM me I know a thing or 2 about what ur looking 4 to get fixed.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:34 PM
On The Tree

must be low on soy sauce