Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Vibration upon deceleration

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 07:21 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Vibration upon deceleration

So at about 35mph and above I have a vibration when I am decelerating. Only happens when off throttle completely and doesn't matter if it's in gear or not. I'm thinking maybe I have a tailshaft bushings that has **** the bed but not sure. Drive shaft is all good to go and balanced out. I run the pst aluminum unit. My rear is good since I just freshened it up and it's a mwc fab 9 with a Yukon grizzly locker. Any ideas from anyone
Old 09-15-2011, 09:39 AM
FormerVendor

Has anything recently be changed or upgraded on the car? Did this happen before the Aluminum Drive-shaft was installed? I ask because use of a lightened component like this can allow for some resonance/vibration under deceleration. It can also show up during heavy load acceleration too (as you would experience when punching it in 6th at a low RPM).
Old 09-15-2011, 10:09 AM
11 Second Club

Did you run the stock drive shaft for a bit with the 9" set up?

Reason why is I did the same thing for about 100 miles before I got the correct length shaft. Those 100 miles was enough to waller out the bushing in the tailshaft. The tell tale sign was a softball size puddle of trans fluid.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:37 AM
Launching!

Well this is a recent issue that surfaced after I broke my trutrak in April and have since replaced it. I also had to replace my slip yoke for a second time since I twisted it as well and I sent out the drive shaft to make sure it was good to go. So after I broke my diff and replaced it that's when I noticed that I had about four different vibrations now I am down to one from me switching to a poly trans mount and this one on deceleration.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:24 AM
Launching!

And to add one last thing I never ran the stock drive shaft with my fab 9. Any ideas from anyone

Quick Reply: Vibration upon deceleration