Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lowered/Bolt on T/A, what do I need?

Old 09-15-2011, 06:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowered/Bolt on T/A, what do I need?

So I recently fell into some money, and am finally getting some suspension. The car has mods shown in sig, I'm trying to figure out what all I should get? After dropping a grand on new tires, I have another 1000$ for suspension.
Currently on my list is (from UMI):
LCA relocation brackets
Dble Adj. LCA's
PHR relocation kit
Dbl Adj PHR
Weld-in tubular SFC's

I tried looking at sway bars, but its jibberish to me (I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to suspension).

The car IS lowered.

Thanks
C.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlisle
So I recently fell into some money, and am finally getting some suspension. The car has mods shown in sig, I'm trying to figure out what all I should get? After dropping a grand on new tires, I have another 1000$ for suspension.
Currently on my list is (from UMI):
LCA relocation brackets
Dble Adj. LCA's
PHR relocation kit
Dbl Adj PHR
Weld-in tubular SFC's

I tried looking at sway bars, but its jibberish to me (I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to suspension).

The car IS lowered.

Thanks
C.
What are you looking to do with the car? What do you want to change about it (better launch? handling? ride?)
What springs are you on?
Old 09-15-2011, 06:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally, I had much better results from a Tourqe arm than LCAs/relo brackets. just my .02 cents.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
What are you looking to do with the car? What do you want to change about it (better launch? handling? ride?)
What springs are you on?
More straight line performance, I don't plan on taking it through the auto cross till waaaay down the road. I go to the track at least once a month if weather permits, so launch is a biggy with me. Springs are a summit racing brand, its pretty low, they were on the car when I first bought it last year.

Originally Posted by skopers3
Personally, I had much better results from a Tourqe arm than LCAs/relo brackets. just my .02 cents.
I was looking at them, but i figured since it was lowered I should get LCA's/relocation. I don't think I can squeeze the torque arm in my current budget (not till later), unless I forget the PHR/relocation?
Old 09-16-2011, 03:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlisle
More straight line performance, I don't plan on taking it through the auto cross till waaaay down the road. I go to the track at least once a month if weather permits, so launch is a biggy with me. Springs are a summit racing brand, its pretty low, they were on the car when I first bought it last year.
Summit racing springs are just relabeled Eibach prokits if I remember right.

Are you having wheel hop, or any traction problems currently? The LCA relocation brackets while possibly giving better traction are mainly a fix for wheel hop, so if you don't have wheel hop I would save your money.
Adjustable LCA's are really meant to adjust the rear wheels forward/backwards (which changes the wheel base) for fitting slicks, another thing you don't really need.
And the PHB relocation is to fit a larger exhaust over the alxe, another thing you don't need unless you are having fitment issues.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:11 PM
TECH Addict

call strano, ask him what he runs and take it from there..

but, dont "overkill' a street suspension set up if your not driving the car hard...
Old 09-18-2011, 08:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Summit racing springs are just relabeled Eibach prokits if I remember right.

Are you having wheel hop, or any traction problems currently? The LCA relocation brackets while possibly giving better traction are mainly a fix for wheel hop, so if you don't have wheel hop I would save your money.
Adjustable LCA's are really meant to adjust the rear wheels forward/backwards (which changes the wheel base) for fitting slicks, another thing you don't really need.
And the PHB relocation is to fit a larger exhaust over the alxe, another thing you don't need unless you are having fitment issues.
Haven't encountered any wheel hop yet, but I just got new wheels/tires put on so I'll have to see. Usually I just spin a ton when I launch, but again, that was before I got the drag radials.

So a torque arm is looking like my first option?
Originally Posted by meine96ws6
call strano, ask him what he runs and take it from there..

but, dont "overkill' a street suspension set up if your not driving the car hard...
I don't drive it hard on the street, but I do go to the track once or twice a month as long as its not raining.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:45 PM
TECH Regular

Torque arm would be a great next step if you're more into DR.

LCA relocation brackets......if you get wheel hop
Dble Adj. LCA's...................you may only need adj if you plan on an after market rear end at some point to center it.
PHR relocation kit...............not nessesary
Dbl Adj PHR.........................on car single adj will be fine
Weld-in tubular SFC's..........good mod, 3 point?
Old 09-19-2011, 03:28 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for considering the UMI products... we will be glad to help as well.

Everyone here is on the right track.

When you lower the vehicle it changes the rear suspension geometry. The relocation brackets correct this by changing the control arm angle. I highly recommend the brackets.

I would also recommend a good set of control arms and a torque arm for traction. Shocks are a great invest as well, what shocks, control arms and torque arm will depend on how much you are drag racing compared to street driving. If you can supply some information on this I will be glad to help. Also what exhaust are you running?

The panhard bar is a good item and serves its purpose but won't help with traction. The panhard bar relocation only offers room for true duals and has no performance improvements... so I wouls scratch this and place your money else where.

The subframe connectors won't really improve traction either, they help with straighter launches and protect the chassis though.

I hope this helps some!
Ryan

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lowered/Bolt on T/A, what do I need?