Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP headers' ypipe is 2 3/4" IS there interest in a 3" replacement, or larger?

Old 03-07-2004, 12:26 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP headers' ypipe is 2 3/4" IS there interest in a 3" replacement, or larger?

I am considering designing and marketing a replacement intermediate pipe, to run from the SLP y-pipe, which is 2 3/4", using a 3" intermediate pipe. Both stainless steel and aluminized. A templet would be provided as to where the existing y-pipe would be needed to be cut. I have discussed this with several exhaust professionals and it looks fairly straight forward.

I would like to know if there is interest in such a product. If there is, I will offer it to current site sponsors for resale. I also might even offer a 3" oval version, since they flow about 45% more, while not giving up any more clearance. I have a group looking at how to make consistent mandrel bends of oval tubing. The way the SLP y-pipe ( and others) is designed, it would actually easily fascilitate an oval fit at the y-pipe end, just make the cut slightly further foreward, towards the junction. I think this would be of much greater interest. The muffler end, would require a templet or merge pipe.

Tell me what you think, also IF you think it needs to be stainless steel or just aluminized to keep the cost down. It will be an inexpensive part. If there is interest, the company I am using, is looking at a true dual exhaust, most likely 2 1/2 or 2 3/4" Let me know what you think of that as well.

Search this Thread