PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trouble at track last night after tune..

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 07:56 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trouble at track last night after tune..

I have a quick question to see if my problem is tuning related.. I had it tuned last week and had a odd thing happen at the track..

Best times before stall and tune was 8.34 @ 85.5 mph..

Well I took it to the track last night for the first time since the stall and tune andmy best run was a
1.98 60
5.32 330
8.13 E/T
87.55 mph

I was pretty dissappointed with the numbers.. Traction was a serious issue though.. I really thought I could dip pretty deep into the 7's but guess not...

Mods in sig, let me know if I am off pace or not please

Now the big question.. watch the video.. Launching off idle the car would bite just long enough to bring up the nose and then start blowing the tires off so I started matting the throttle for just a second, then taking my foot completely out of it and almost instantly matting it again.. It was working pretty good for a few runs cause after matting it for the second time it seemed to be hooking pretty good.. On this run and soon as I matted it for the second time the car bogged, then backfired, and then sputtered a bit before it died.. Every light on the dash come on when I launched it.. I did get the car restarted after it died but it didnt want to start.. it cranked forever then finally hit and I drove it off the track, drove it all the way home too.. Everything seems fine with it other than the exhaust note is weird.. I think I blew the packing out of the Borla, if it has packing at all that is..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmWI8gecYFc

My only thought was with stabbing the gas and immediatly pulling my foot off and then immediatly stabbing the throttle again I loaded it up with fuel and "boom".. if that's the case I dont know if its a tuning error or just something I need to not do from now on
Old 09-18-2011, 10:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is probably gonna sound really dumb but is the battery properly secured? Reason i say that is if its just flopping around in the engine bay on a decent launch it can hit the fender well and cause it to arc, therefor causing the car to basically shut off for a split second. May not be the problem but just a thought.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ive heard the same thing, so id secure it properly
Old 09-18-2011, 10:30 PM
11 Second Club

Wow, that is actually an idea.. the car is launching A LOT harder now and the battery IS just flopping around.. I will investigate
Old 09-19-2011, 08:07 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by camaroz28lt1at
This is probably gonna sound really dumb but is the battery properly secured? Reason i say that is if its just flopping around in the engine bay on a decent launch it can hit the fender well and cause it to arc, therefor causing the car to basically shut off for a split second. May not be the problem but just a thought.
Dude, you a genius.. I went out this morning and looked and there is a clear "burn mark" on the accumulator??.. (round A/C part).. Its right on the black bracket securing it.. I pushed on the battery and it lines up perfectly with the positive terminal.. I will figure out a way to hold the battery down and that should prevent it from happening again..

On a side note, anyone know if the muffler is a concern?? The car has a different exhaust note now so I wondered if the backfire hurt the muffler or just burnt out some of the packing