Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ran a turbo 240SX and a WRX

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 06:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ran a turbo 240SX and a WRX

I figured I'd post up a couple races that I had right after getting the headers on the G8. I didn't have the opportunity to get these on video, so I'll do my best to keep you guys from getting bored, lol.

The first night after getting the headers on the car I was hanging out with some friends and there was a guy that had a white 240SX with a turbo kit. I didn't ask for too much info about it, but I believe the motor is stock. He told me that the car put down 300 rwhp.

We never actually discussed racing before hand, but when a few of us went for a cruise, we conveniently ended up next to each other Neither of us had a passenger.

We started pacing each other at about 40 mph and I dropped the A6 down into 2nd gear as I heard him downshift also. I honked it of and we both hit it. It looked like it was going to be real even until he suddenly dropped back as he missed a gear.

With plenty of road left we slowed again to about 45 mph. Again we downshifted and I honked it off. This time we got a clean run and we were dead even up to 100 mph, where I started creeping ahead slowly. Shortly after that we got out of it. After the races we gave props on a great run and complimented each other's cars.

A little later the same night I lined up with fbody83’s 2006 WRX. The car has an STI turbo and intercooler swap and I believe he runs around 20psi. The car is one of the strongest WRX or STI's that I've come up against that has a mild setup. We've raced previously when I was stock and from a 40 mph roll he easily put 4+ cars on me.

We decided to run from the same 40 mph to try and gauge how much faster my car was compared to our last run. Neither of us had a passenger.

We both downshifted and I honked it off once I saw him give me the nod. We ran even right at the beginning and then I started pulling ahead. We had to cut the race a bit short so as not to come up too close to traffic ahead, but I was about a car ahead and pulling at around 100-110 mph. Overall it showed that my car has improved quite a bit compared to stock.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
I figured I'd post up a couple races that I had right after getting the headers on the G8. I didn't have the opportunity to get these on video, so I'll do my best to keep you guys from getting bored,
nice try but still bored

j/k......good stuff as always!
Old 09-20-2011, 08:31 AM
Teching In

So lucky, we tried getting a couple of sti's with fmic's and external wastegates and they said the g8 was a waste of gas so we offered up some money to make it interesting and they said no that they're broke and don't like racing for money....utterly ridiculous.

/rant lol good work out there, you guys have a strong scene.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by hugger1975
nice try but still bored

j/k......good stuff as always!
Lol, thanks man!

Originally Posted by 2StepsAhead
So lucky, we tried getting a couple of sti's with fmic's and external wastegates and they said the g8 was a waste of gas so we offered up some money to make it interesting and they said no that they're broke and don't like racing for money....utterly ridiculous.

/rant lol good work out there, you guys have a strong scene.
Just do what Ju1ce does. Instead of trying to get them to bet on the race, just hold up a $20 bill and tell them if they beat you then it's theirs. Works almost every time.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:16 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 09-20-2011, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by WSsick
Doesn't your privilege to post in here get revoked when you don't have a car?

Old 09-20-2011, 10:42 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I own a car ************!
Old 09-20-2011, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think I need to stop posting in here too
Old 09-20-2011, 03:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice runs it always nice to see how your mods help the car out. Seems like CAI and headers and I assume a tune really woke her up
Old 09-20-2011, 05:07 PM

Yeah, the car was tuned after the CAI and then again after the headers. These races were actually before the retune (same day I finished the header install), but only minor changes were needed in the tune.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:47 PM
Launching!

That is a quick G8. Kinda rare that you get see the before/after effects racing the same exact car, he can be your personal benchmark now. lol
Old 09-20-2011, 11:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice job! Think that nissan might have been exagerating his whp though.

I've got a personal benchmark of my own: guy with a ?2001? SS with every bolton imagineable. after the stall/trans rebuild while still boltons we were dead even. He didn't fare so well after the heads/cam. Need to race him now that the 402 is in to see how much difference that makes. heh heh
Old 09-21-2011, 02:22 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Nice job..I still miss my G8. It was really evil sounding. What mufflers you have on it?
Old 09-21-2011, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Nice job! Think that nissan might have been exagerating his whp though.
I was kind of thinking the same thing, as they have to be light. My car put down 370 rwhp in 4th gear, so I would have him by 70 whp if he was telling the truth, but that doesn't make up for 1200lbs of weight unless he has a REALLY peaky powerband.

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Nice job..I still miss my G8. It was really evil sounding. What mufflers you have on it?
Thanks, I have the Solo Performance axlebacks on it still. The ones that come with those J-pipe things (I think they make a couple different exhaust setups for the G8's, but I could be wrong).
Old 09-21-2011, 09:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

I was kind of thinking the same thing, as they have to be light. My car put down 370 rwhp in 4th gear, so I would have him by 70 whp if he was telling the truth, but that doesn't make up for 1200lbs of weight unless he has a REALLY peaky powerband.

Thanks, I have the Solo Performance axlebacks on it still. The ones that come with those J-pipe things (I think they make a couple different exhaust setups for the G8's, but I could be wrong).
You should get some Pypes Violators.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVr4HC0zaDQ
Old 09-21-2011, 04:30 PM

Those do sound good. Do they make them with a dual tip?