Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tuning for cat delete

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 11:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tuning for cat delete

Removed my cat a few weeks back fuel trims are having a hard time stabliziing, seems like I'm chasing my tail here a bit. The O2 sensor is now in a bung in the straight pipe that replaced the cat, should I remove it completely or is it ok just to tune the codes out? The SES is still enabled but just set as "no error reported".

The cat overtemp protection is still enabled because DOD won't engage without it so I just set the temps to extremely high levels so that it never manipulates fueling.

Anything else I'm missing here?

I've recently had headers installed, was leaking quite a bit of exhaust until I had things tightened up. I still smell it a lot but I'm not sure if it's just the wind blowing the tailpipe fumes my way or not.

What's the best way to find an exhaust leak? Thinking about running some SeaFoam through the vacuum lines and watching for white stuff in the wrong places. Car has 70k I'm sure it can't hurt to clean the intake manifold anyways.

Any input would be great.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For all HO2S sensor codes bank 1,sensor 2 and bank 2, sensor 2 uncheck the SES Enable box and set all to no error reported.