Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX N-tercooler Questions & Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 03:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NX N-tercooler Questions & Pricing

Does anyone have any first hand experience with the N-tercooler kit? I'm just wondering if spraying CO2 onto the intercoolers would really be that helpful or not. It's also been suggested that if you sprayed the CO2 while driving it might not cover/hit the intercoolers to well.

Second question is for the sponcers..can you get just the oval nitrous rails without having to buy the entire kit? If so how much for two oval rails?

Thanks
Jay
Old 03-07-2004, 08:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lost & Found2
Does anyone have any first hand experience with the N-tercooler kit? I'm just wondering if spraying CO2 onto the intercoolers would really be that helpful or not. It's also been suggested that if you sprayed the CO2 while driving it might not cover/hit the intercoolers to well.

Second question is for the sponcers..can you get just the oval nitrous rails without having to buy the entire kit? If so how much for two oval rails?

Thanks
Jay
I have sold several of the N-tercooler kits, but have never seen any dyno results besides what NX claims(which seem high). I would love to see some numbers on it.
You can purchase the oval spray bar by itself, not many people know this but you can have NX make you one to any dimensions you want. When sizing one up just remember that it sprays out of both sides, outside and inside. So dont make it to the outer edge of the intercooler.
Vinny
Old 03-08-2004, 05:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the information..I've sent you an email with a few more questions.
Old 03-14-2004, 12:07 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Lost & Found2
Thanks for the information..I've sent you an email with a few more questions.
I have seen as much as 45hp from the use of the NX Ntercooler. But that is with nitrous, not CO2. I have made custom jobs for some serious turbo racers before NX had that part, and have shown anywhere from 50-200hp. The higher numbers are of course in cars running ALOT of boost. I can get the intercooler ICED up before the launch. Never used the CO2 though....
Old 03-15-2004, 07:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CustomN2O
I have seen as much as 45hp from the use of the NX Ntercooler. But that is with nitrous, not CO2. I have made custom jobs for some serious turbo racers before NX had that part, and have shown anywhere from 50-200hp. The higher numbers are of course in cars running ALOT of boost. I can get the intercooler ICED up before the launch. Never used the CO2 though....

Give some details..
Did you do any tuning, or just bolt it up and go? Since it condenses the charge it seems like there should be a small ammount of fuel suppliment to take advantage of it. Also you should be able to get away with a little less timing retard since it will be less likely to detonate.
Thats why I'm wondering if you see a gain without dyno time/tuning.