Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S10 W/ BRP mounts, headers, Holley oil pan and Modular Turbo Alt Relo Kit

Old 09-20-2011, 12:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S10 W/ BRP mounts, headers, Holley oil pan and Modular Turbo Alt Relo Kit

Here is a couple pictures of my truck with BRP Muscle Rods headers & mount kit, Holley's new oil pan and Modular Turbo's alternator relocation kit. The headers fit perfect and the fact all the tubes fit inside the frame rail is amazing, it's tight but it does fit using there mounts. I went with the new Holley oil pan rather then the H3 since my truck sits so low to the ground, I had to relocate my brake line and slightly massage the cross member where the corners of the pan meet the cross member and thats was it (if I had used the H3 pan I would not have had to) and I have over 3/4" above the cross member versus 3/4" below the cross member if I had used the H3 pan. The quality and fit of the BRP parts is amazing, I have used three different type of headers in the past when I had the old small block in it and they did not fit as good as BRP's do. I also used Modular Turbo's alternator relocation kit and it fit perfect as well. I was able to get it done in time for the LS Fest and actually put the parts to the test from drag racing, autocrossing, speed stop and just plan cruising around and had no issue's with any rubbing, leaking, belt slipping, nothing, all the parts held up to my abuse and I drive it hard! So heres a Big THANK YOU to BRP Muscle Rods, Modular Turbo and Holley!
Attached Thumbnails S10 W/ BRP mounts, headers, Holley oil pan and Modular Turbo Alt Relo Kit-s10_ls_build_1-058-medium-.jpg   S10 W/ BRP mounts, headers, Holley oil pan and Modular Turbo Alt Relo Kit-s10_ls_build_1-054-medium-.jpg   S10 W/ BRP mounts, headers, Holley oil pan and Modular Turbo Alt Relo Kit-s10_ls_build_1-059-medium-.jpg   S10 W/ BRP mounts, headers, Holley oil pan and Modular Turbo Alt Relo Kit-s10_ls_build_1-061-medium-.jpg   S10 W/ BRP mounts, headers, Holley oil pan and Modular Turbo Alt Relo Kit-s10_ls_build_1-060-medium-.jpg  

S10 W/ BRP mounts, headers, Holley oil pan and Modular Turbo Alt Relo Kit-s10_ls_build_1-055-medium-.jpg  

Last edited by Alvisracn; 09-23-2011 at 03:28 PM. Reason: added more pics
Old 09-21-2011, 03:47 PM
FormerVendor

Glad that the install went well for you, if you need anything give us a call!
Jeff@BRP
Old 09-22-2011, 12:01 AM
Teching In

Finally got one customer dialed in just right after so many years. Now how to deal with the other 99% of your customers left alone your twisted up'ol non-fitting junk. Oh I remember you just ignore calls and emails yah rats!. Hedman and BRP are all the same- Complete and utter weasels both blatent theives....STAY AWAY!!!...I will send you pics to confirm anything you need know. Buy DYNATECH for all CAMARO LS1 conversions. My friend bought them and they fit much better for half the cost!!!.

BUY DYNATECH HEADERS "NOT" HEDMAN CRAP!!!
Old 09-22-2011, 12:13 AM
11 Second Club

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

Wow someone's a butt-hurt cockhole..

My Heddman 1 7/8" Headers went in perfectly into my 1984 MCSS, and I even used Ebay Adapter Plates for the stock SBC Clamshells.

I will say the BRP guys were cool as **** when I was making my Header order..and a very nice part when it arrived.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:16 AM
11 Second Club

That's a good lookin truck..I'm about to do the same with my Alternator..mount it on the pass side there and probably run the Tensioner off on the lower drivers.

I have a Welder and Steel so anything is possible..lol..
Old 09-22-2011, 01:11 AM
TECH Regular

I don't think Hedman is that bad of a company if they've been in business for as long as they have. Plus big businesses like jegs and summit probably wouldn't associate with them if they fucked people over like that. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but just can't say the whole company is ****.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:49 AM
Staging Lane

I'm not going down that road... I will say this on a 2nd gen S10 with a LS motor using BRP mount kit the Headers fit great, it is a tight fit, but it works and to get all the tubes inside the frame rail is huge and the quality of the parts are top notch all grade 8 hardware and coated parts. I have spoke to them on many times either on the phone or in person and never were they rude or not willing to listen.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:14 PM
FormerVendor

All I'll say is you can't please everyone all the time! I don't know if I spoke to him or not, but I try to find a way to make things work out whenever I can. I will say that when someone starts to get nasty or rude with me things change, I assuming by the language of your post that you probably used the same language with the person that was trying to help you get your particular problem resolved since you didn’t receive the resolution you were looking for.
Jeff@BRP
Old 09-22-2011, 04:26 PM
Teching In

re-New BRP business business policy,

If can't give a customer what he paid for...ignore his calls/emails. Take his money send nothing and hide.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Used dozens of conversion kits & parts from BRP without a single issue that couldn't be remedied "easily". Can't say enough good things about Jeff and BRP! Keep up the good work guys.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:39 PM
11 Second Club

Ya..all I'm seein is bitching, but no legitimate reasons..I'm sure there is more to the story..like someone waited too long to return something..
Old 09-22-2011, 10:56 PM
On The Tree

What vehicle did you source the hydroboost/ps pump from?
Old 09-22-2011, 11:06 PM
Staging Lane

Hydroboost is from an Astro van, and the pump is a factory Fbody. The master cyl is off a G30 van.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by the_merv
That's a good lookin truck..I'm about to do the same with my Alternator..mount it on the pass side there and probably run the Tensioner off on the lower drivers.

I have a Welder and Steel so anything is possible..lol..

Thanks! I was gonna make my own bracket, but was under a time crunch to get done for the LS Fest. Modular Turbo had the best price and came with everything I needed including the belt and has the option to run a CS130 or truck alternator with it. I figure the time spent making one and gettting the bolts, belt and running around, I most likely came out ahead by just buying it anyway?
Old 09-23-2011, 01:04 AM
11 Second Club

The only thing that is holding me up right now with it is I'm waiting on a friend to get ahold of a guy with a Plasma Cutter..I have another place that I know has one so I might have to go and get that done tomorrow. I have my templetes for my Brackets, just have to get it cut out of the piece of Steel I have.

How is the clearance on that Alternator that high? I was looking at doing that..didnt thing it would fit. I'm mounting mine off to the side a little more.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:50 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by the_merv
Wow someone's a butt-hurt cockhole..

My Heddman 1 7/8" Headers went in perfectly into my 1984 MCSS, and I even used Ebay Adapter Plates for the stock SBC Clamshells.

I will say the BRP guys were cool as **** when I was making my Header order..and a very nice part when it arrived.

Way to go Billy Bob...You are one fine oiled machine on a roll. $300 1984 MCSS pack a Skoal chew'n tabacco and a shining one liner like that and your set for life in R KAN SAW "ain'cha". Your fine stable of vehicles unwarrented comments and limited choices of words just about sum you up pal. No further comment Billy Bob!.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:50 AM
Staging Lane

The clearance is very close with cs130, but it does fit. One issue you will have to look for if your gonna go more off to the side is the belt will hit the t-stat housing if your using the Fbody pump. I have a plasma and was real close to making them, but time was not in my favor. I first made some out round tubing in about 5 min thats when the t-stat issue was found to hit the belt, you could maybe use a custom t-stat housing and be ok?
Old 09-23-2011, 11:38 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 69camarolq4
Way to go Billy Bob...You are one fine oiled machine on a roll. $300 1984 MCSS pack a Skoal chew'n tabacco and a shining one liner like that and your set for life in R KAN SAW "ain'cha". Your fine stable of vehicles unwarrented comments and limited choices of words just about sum you up pal. No further comment Billy Bob!.

I'm originally from upstate NY..the USAF sent me down here ******. Way to stereotype with ignorance..

Your attitude of immediate negativity pretty much sets the stage for your *** to get flamed..so deal with it.

Now as far as my car goes..it's a little more than $300..and I dont chew..

For the rest of my vehicles I'll just run with the 2500HD..put it in 4-low and park ontop of your ****...
Old 09-23-2011, 01:35 PM
TECH Junkie

I didn't have a problem with my BRP kit, had to use a different pan then they suggested but oh'well, live and learn.

Didnt know cunucks can get so angry?
Old 09-23-2011, 01:38 PM
11 Second Club

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: S10 W/ BRP mounts, headers, Holley oil pan and Modular Turbo Alt Relo Kit