Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Pedal issues/clutch assembly?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 08:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pedal issues/clutch assembly?

Sorry to post this again and I would like to put it to bed the easy way! I put down some rubber in 1st and came to a stop, lost the pedal and had to wait for reverse!! I am certain that the slave or something is binding, I know the master is a known issue. I was going to order a master but I am thinking master, slave and clutch assembly to be done with it!!! As Tick offers the master and slave, has anyone used one of these clutch assemblies and can offer some suggestions? A one stop shop would be nice, I am stock and will of course machine the flyweel. Here is link to Tick, http://www.tickperformance.com/ls1-f...-swap-package/ and http://www.tickperformance.com/categ...e/Clutch-Kits/Thanks, Les...
Old 09-21-2011, 06:44 PM
Launching!

What is the street difference between the 18 and 28 lb flywheel?
Old 09-22-2011, 10:37 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Les, our LS1 F-Body Tick & Monster Complete Clutch Swap Package is a very popular seller that we designed and discounted for guys who like to one-stop-shop! You linked it here: http://www.tickperformance.com/ls1-f...-swap-package/

The 28lb (stock weight) flywheel is what I suggest for most guys with street cars or cars that they drag race on occasion. I suggest the 18lb flywheel to those who road race, autocross, or who are looking for the car to feel a bit more zippy and don't mind slightly changing their driving style to accommodate for the loss of rotational mass. Feel free to call me again with further questions, or just shoot me a PM - your choice.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:06 PM
Launching!

Default Thanks

Just put in my order for a Stage 2 LS1 F-Body Tick & Monster Complete Clutch Swap Package. Many thanks to Joey for patiently answering all of my questions, Les>>>
Old 09-27-2011, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2002 T/A
Just put in my order for a Stage 2 LS1 F-Body Tick & Monster Complete Clutch Swap Package. Many thanks to Joey for patiently answering all of my questions, Les>>>
You'll love it, thats the exact package i went for. not sure which flywheel you went for, but I've been more than happy with my 18lber.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:11 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Thank you for the order Les! I'm glad we could be of service. You'll love your setup!
Old 09-28-2011, 07:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RedRallyeZ
You'll love it, thats the exact package i went for. not sure which flywheel you went for, but I've been more than happy with my 18lber.
I went with the 28lb for my style of driving, thanks for the feedback, looking forward to a fresh start and no hydraulic issues!

Quick Reply: Pedal issues/clutch assembly?