Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Low and broke

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 08:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low and broke

Hi.
I just bought a 98 ws6. The car is lowered and has 18 inch wheels. The rf camber is visually negative and the tire is worn badly on the inside. The lower control arm is at max camber adjustment. I was thinking of buying the spohn upper and lower adjustable arms to correct this problem. I was wondering how you adjust the arms during alignment..it looks like you have to remove the arms to adjust them. That seems a little silly. Im a licensed technician i just dont do aftermarket stuff. If any1 has any knowledgeable advice that be great. Thnx
Old 09-20-2011, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The spots where the lower a-arms bolt in are slotted to allow adjustment - the slots can be elongated slightly, enough to bring the alignment within spec for most lowering springs
Old 09-21-2011, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi
Thnx for replying. I know the k frame has slots in it for camber adjustment. It is currently at max positive adjustment and the camber is still way out. The aftermarket arms have rod ends that are adjustable. What id like to know is how these rod ends are adjusted after they are installed on the car and during alignment. They appear to be adjustable off of the car only which makes it stupid!
Old 09-21-2011, 05:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Since you said "low and broke", the cheapest way to correct your problem is to buy or borrow a Dremel tool, and VERY CAREFULLY elongate the adjusting slots in the K-member. You can easily go another 1/8-3/16" toward the center of the car, giving you quite a bit more camber adjustment.