Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

05 corvette procharger

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 03:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 corvette procharger

ive got an 05 corvette procharger just bought a wrecked car ,has an atoa cooler....havent seen the head unit yet to see if its a p1 or d1...anybody know if this setup will go on an 01 camaro????it bolts on the pass side instead of driver....anyone have any input???
Old 09-22-2011, 04:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it should work, pretty sure the vette use a reverse rotation headunit like the Fbodies. Youll have to buy a J-bracket/tensioner for the camaro though. the pulleys are interchangeable too. youll need an intercooler that will work with an fbody also. CXracing has a 3" custom kit that alot of ppl have good luck with. im mounting mine up this weekend. good luck
Old 09-22-2011, 04:24 PM
Teching In

i just unloaded the car...its a p1sc, has a huge front mount intercooler.....my car has a small vortech v9 on it right now....im spinning the thing at 65k at the shift point...just not big enough for my motor.....thinking this would be a good swap for me so long as it will work......anyone know anything as far as accessory relocation if i use this kit......thanks for the previous reply
Old 09-22-2011, 04:33 PM
TECH Addict

what do u mean accessory relocation? if its going on an fbody, you just need the j bracket setup from procharger. i think they are like $380 from brutespeed with a tensioner. and you dont have to relocate n e thing except for ur cruise control, and ur AIR pump if you still have it. what do u have done to the motor now? stock cubes? the only thing from the vette kit you can use is the crank pulley, the headunit, and maybe the front mount itself minus the piping, as long as itll fit
Old 09-22-2011, 05:03 PM
Teching In

forged 408 longtubes....good solid car built to handle pwr but the current blower is just overworked....ive killed 3 4l60s one stock one and two "built" ones....just put a top notch glide with a brake,2 step...the whole deal.... i street drive the car alot...makes 570 hp at the wheels with the little blower....i think its got more in it with a bigger blower.....hate to go the turbo route because ive allready got a nice set of headers and exhaust on it...just bought this parts car with all the goodies on it and wanted to see how much i could use.....i was just concerned with it being on the right side instead of the left like the current one...didnt know if id have to relocate anything
Old 09-22-2011, 05:48 PM
TECH Addict

im not sure if ur gonna gain much with a P1SC, ppl max em out on 346's.... if it was a D1SC itd make more power. that 408 is screaming for an F1x. call procharger and give em the serial numbers and theyll tell you what rotation it is. But im almost positive its a reverse rotation and if so, it will work on ur car. you just have to have the bracket to mount it correctly.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:50 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

The F Body and the C5/C6 Corvette have the same blower rotation. As has been mentioned, a P-1SC is not enough blower for a 408. I used an F-1A on my 408 and saw 19-20 psi of boost maxed out. A D-1SC on a 408 will generally max out at 16 psi of boost, and the F-1A will run cooler than the D-1SC at 16 psi.

http://shop.brutespeed.com/ATI-1GJ20...-Speed-Kit.htm
The link here is a complete combination that I put together that has an F-1A option. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Quick Reply: 05 corvette procharger