Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

PHX and Tucson Members, Does Anyone Need Their Cars Professionally Detailed?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 07:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PHX and Tucson Members, Does Anyone Need Their Cars Professionally Detailed?

A friend of mine who is an extremely competent and professional detailer is coming to work in Arizona the last two weeks of next month.

If your F-body or any other vehicle you (or your family or friends) own needs attention now is a great time to get them detailed and looking like brand new.

Here is his work on my black G8 GXP that had some paint swirl courtesy of the dealer. I would never let anyone who does shoddy work touch this beautiful and valuable car.

It is deep, clean and perfect now. He also worked magic on my neighbors original 427 Corvette that had been sitting for two years. Your car doesn't have to be specialty though, he does every type of car in every kind of condition.

You can message me your contact info and what vehicles you have directly.

Last edited by Gaunt; 09-22-2011 at 07:43 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:32 AM
TECH Veteran

Some more of his work reposted from Autopia

1969 Volkswagen Beetle. Really good shape, restored a few years ago. Paint was in excellent condition.

ONR wash, Clay Magic blue clay
Optimum Hyper Polish using a Meguiars microfiber finishing pad and my PC 7424 XP
Optimum Opti-Seal

1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88. All original car, something like 60,000 miles on it. The paint was lightly oxidized but deeply swirled. At this time, based on the originality of the paint and the tendency for mid to late 80s GM cars to succumb to lacquer checking, the owner and I decided best to go easy on it for the time being. Just not worth risking going hard into the paint at this time.

Optimum Power Clean at 3:1 dilution on the viny top, dressed with Optimum Protectant Plus
Optimum Hyper Polish using a Meguiars microfiber finishing pad and my PC 7424 XP
Optimum Opti-Seal

2004 Pontiac GTO. Had mild to moderate swirls, trunk lid was especially bad. It had been refinished and repainted after the spoiler was removed and the body shop swirled the crap out of it. Just a couple befores, knew it was going to be a long day so we had to get cracking.

Meguiars #105 using my Dewalt 849 rotary and an orange Optimum cutting pad, followed by #205 using another orange Optimum cutting pad (1400 rpms down to 1000 rpms on both) for the trunk lid
Meguiars D300 using a Meguiars microfiber cutting disc and my PC 7424 XP, whole car
Optimum Hyper Polish with a Meguiars microfiber polishing pad and my PC, whole car
Optimum Opti-Seal

Old 09-26-2011, 10:43 AM
TECH Veteran

2008 Infiniti G35. Owner recently purchased it used, wasn't too happy with the dealer prep. They didn't swirl it up, but I don't believe they polished it at all, lacked any real depth.

Optimum Opti-Seal

2012 Ford Focus, Titanium Edition. Really impressed with the new Focus, great looking small car! Car was new, unmolested by the dealer.

Optimum Opti-Seal

Next two cars, had to take the pics with my cellphone, forgot my camera.

2012 Ford Mustang Boss, Laguna Seca version. Paint was in good shape, but it did have some hard water spots.

Meguiars D300 using a Meguiars microfiber cutting pad and my PC 7424 XP
Meguiars #205 using a microfiber finishing pad and my PC
Clearkote Carnauba Moose

2009 Dodge Challenger. Mostly a weekend toy, owner hand washes it so it was very minimally swirled.

Optimum Opti-Seal

Old 09-29-2011, 01:46 AM
TECH Resident

what does he charge?

Quick Reply: PHX and Tucson Members, Does Anyone Need Their Cars Professionally Detailed?