Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

FNG from Florida

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 01:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FNG from Florida

Hey everyone! I just purchased a really well kept 2000 Camaro Z28 Auto with 134K on the clock. It runs like it is brand new, and I had it looked over by a mechanic, and it got a clean bill of health. The car currently has a K&N drop in, and Flowmaster exhaust with 4 exhaust tips. I'm not sure if it is a catback system or it is a custom job by the previous owner. It sounds nice though and is loud under WOT.

First off, I have the factory 16" chrome 5 spoke Camaro wheels, and I need new tires. I am thinking of running drag radials in the rear and was wondering if anyone can recommend what size I should go with? I am also considering getting a completely new rim/tire combo, but I want something that will be good for drag stip as well as on the street.

Second, I have around 4k to drop into this car for mods currently. I want to do a nitrous setup, I want to be in the 12s off the bottle, and 11's on the bottle. Could someone point me in the right direction. My car is an Automatic.

I am a little worried about modding a car with 135k on it, and was thinking instead of doing anything to the car, to just buy a spare motor and trans and build that outside of the car.

Is 135k on the clock ok to mod it? I don't plan on being at the drag strip more than 5 times in an entire year, and I generally take it easy on my car most of the time.
Attached Thumbnails FNG from Florida-z281.jpg   FNG from Florida-z28.jpg  
Old 09-23-2011, 08:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZombieHunter
Hey everyone! I just purchased a really well kept 2000 Camaro Z28 Auto with 134K on the clock. It runs like it is brand new, and I had it looked over by a mechanic, and it got a clean bill of health. The car currently has a K&N drop in, and Flowmaster exhaust with 4 exhaust tips. I'm not sure if it is a catback system or it is a custom job by the previous owner. It sounds nice though and is loud under WOT.

First off, I have the factory 16" chrome 5 spoke Camaro wheels, and I need new tires. I am thinking of running drag radials in the rear and was wondering if anyone can recommend what size I should go with? I am also considering getting a completely new rim/tire combo, but I want something that will be good for drag stip as well as on the street.

Second, I have around 4k to drop into this car for mods currently. I want to do a nitrous setup, I want to be in the 12s off the bottle, and 11's on the bottle. Could someone point me in the right direction. My car is an Automatic.

I am a little worried about modding a car with 135k on it, and was thinking instead of doing anything to the car, to just buy a spare motor and trans and build that outside of the car.

Is 135k on the clock ok to mod it? I don't plan on being at the drag strip more than 5 times in an entire year, and I generally take it easy on my car most of the time.
12's off the bottle is easy.. a good tire and gears maybe a full e xhaust