Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

old school going new school

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 08:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default old school going new school

my name is dave and i am a advid sb old school builder, i am tackeling a 5.3 but havnt decided to go fi or carb yet, been checking out the forums here and have seen a few things but nothing that is going to get this project kicked in the rear yet

i am planning on trying to get 500 hp from this iron monster LM7 engine so i can dump it in a old school traditional hot rod as that is my thing, any and all help would be highly helpful, i am going to ask alot of dumb questions i am sure but i am a quick person to learn and look forward to dealing with everyone here

this is my first post so please bear with me as i cannot pm anyone for a bit......sorry forum rules if i read them right. i work full time and am taking 17 credits in the automotive science field and this is what i have been doing for the past 25 yrs+, hopefully i will have enough time in the remaining portion of my life to get my doctorine as i am pushing hard right now

this project i am doing has to be a turn key by april of 2012, so please help and give me a nudge from time to time in the right direction

thanks
dave
lemkerailroad@gmail.com
Old 09-24-2011, 10:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

500 hp? I'm thinking F.I. Turbo. Hot Rod mag just did a good build up with a 5.3 and made lots of power.