Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HSW has been great.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 09:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HSW has been great.

I see some negative posts about HSW. IMHO I would have to disagree as I have had no problems with them. I use email for contact with them & found them to be very responsive. Example. I ordered a MicroEdge progressive controller to add on to my existing MicroEdge. I needed to have my old unit (1.0 version ) upgraded in order to get the progressive controller to work. They said to send it in asap as the person who does the upgrade will be out on vacation next week & if I get it to them before the week is over they can turn it around in ONE day. I sent them my old unit through USPP for 2 day delivery which would make it Wed. I get the unit back along with the progressive unit on Sat. Now that is one quick turnaround. I have always found that email is the best way to reach them.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They need to get more of the black billet bottle mounts. They have been sold out for a long time now, months.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I know there are alot of people with good experiences with them and some no. My own experience with them in the past on my 93Z i put on a wet kit from HSW and did not have a good experience with customer service or product. Its not to say they are a bad company maybe i just had bad luck with service or product a couple of years ago. Either way im glad your happy with them OP and things have worked out.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My experience with them has been great as well. Last summer they were more than helpful in helping me piece together my nitrous install.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:25 AM

I had a terrible time with them. I spent almost $2k with them and had horrible costumer service. I will NEVER use them again. I had a leaky solenoid, I called them and told them, they told me there solenoids could not leak. So I cleaned it and tried it 3 different times. Still leaked the same way. I called again and they were real jerks about it and told me to send it to them for testing. I tracked it all the way to there facility by UPS. One guy told me they got it and one said they never received it. I never got my solenoid back from them. This was about a year or so back. Maybe they have gotten better but I had a terrible time with them.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:29 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by rambodog
I see some negative posts about HSW. IMHO I would have to disagree as I have had no problems with them. I use email for contact with them & found them to be very responsive. Example. I ordered a MicroEdge progressive controller to add on to my existing MicroEdge. I needed to have my old unit (1.0 version ) upgraded in order to get the progressive controller to work. They said to send it in asap as the person who does the upgrade will be out on vacation next week & if I get it to them before the week is over they can turn it around in ONE day. I sent them my old unit through USPP for 2 day delivery which would make it Wed. I get the unit back along with the progressive unit on Sat. Now that is one quick turnaround. I have always found that email is the best way to reach them.
Despite the negative things I've read on the net recently I decided to give them a chance because of the success you had. I wanted my microedge upgraded to the progressive version so contacted them via email since that is the easiest way to get through to them. I should have known better when they gave me the same story about their guy going on an extended vacation the following week and to get it in by the following weds for a quick turnaround. They said to ship it USPS with a service that leaves the package because nobody is there to sign it and then to order the upgrade online. Well it's been 3 weeks now and they claim they have never received it. Harris Speed Works is such a joke now. Stick with the sponsors if you want to be taken care of
Old 11-15-2011, 06:28 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

They are a sponsor on performancetrucks.net so I don't know why not here. I had a great experiance in the past but havn't tried recently. I wonder what the freaking problem is becaus I will be livid if I need service on my noids and they dick me around. It isn't hard to take care of customers or atleast be honest and up front.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:58 PM
11 Second Club

I don't know who else can service the solenoids. NO had mine and they didn't have the nitrous plunger which is what I need to get my noid working correctly
Old 11-15-2011, 10:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by custm2500
They are a sponsor on performancetrucks.net so I don't know why not here. I had a great experiance in the past but havn't tried recently. I wonder what the freaking problem is becaus I will be livid if I need service on my noids and they dick me around. It isn't hard to take care of customers or atleast be honest and up front.
They are a sponsor there probaly only because nobody has bothered locking their account. They haven't been active on that site for years so I doubt they've paid any sponsorship fees lately. I've bought a couple of their nitrous kits a few years back and they were great, but I guess now they're just trying to scam whatever money they can before they're out of business for good. They don't even have a shop. It's just a storage unit. Probably so no disgruntled customers can show up. I normally don't make a big deal out of this stuff, but I want to let the other people who are halfway on the fence about them know so they don't get screwed over like I did.

Last edited by rmata; 11-15-2011 at 11:28 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

I will never use or by from them again, i want to sell my HSW kit were i can buy a Nitrous Outlet's kit and know that if i have any problems i can call and there going to help me and not dick me around so HSW
Old 11-16-2011, 12:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They haven't been a sponsor here for some time.

It sucks that, regardless of whether or not they choose to help fund the site, you guys are having issues with HSW. I've known people who will, to this day, will use nothing but HSW products.

I know Cam is in close with those guys and, given more detailed information, either he or I may be able to reach out and see what is really going on here.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:17 PM
8 second mod

non sponsor. non issue
Old 11-16-2011, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good point.