Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Compression with Nitrous? Blow down tube?

Old 03-07-2004, 10:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Compression with Nitrous? Blow down tube?

Hi, I have a stock internal'd LT1 as of now, but i am working on a 383 project, and my dad and i were talking about 10.5:1 compression. Will that be OK with a 100shot or so? I am going to install the n20 on my stock internal'd LT1 now, but just wanted to make sure that it would be safe with the 383. Also, i wanted to mount the bottle between my rear seats, where did u guys run the blow down tube? I Dont want to drill a hole for it in my floor. THanks, David.
Old 03-08-2004, 12:10 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I am not mistaken most LS1's are right at 10.5 and many that run nitrous are at more than that. Your fine at 10.5. Make sure of your tuning. Run rich not lean on nitrous.

Your blown tube must exit the car - downward. I have a 98 SS. My bottle is in the spare tire compartment. Blow down is just above the passenger side rear tire.

david
Old 03-08-2004, 05:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Navy David SS
If I am not mistaken most LS1's are right at 10.5 and many that run nitrous are at more than that. Your fine at 10.5. Make sure of your tuning. Run rich not lean on nitrous.

Your blown tube must exit the car - downward. I have a 98 SS. My bottle is in the spare tire compartment. Blow down is just above the passenger side rear tire.

david
Thanks for your input. I noticed a couple of guys on here have there bottle between the rear seats, and i *think* they just used a braided line for the blow down tube, but i dont know where they ran it. THanks, David

Search this Thread