Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Finally Converted from 3.8 to 5.7L.

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 11:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally Converted from 3.8 to 5.7L.

Hello,

My name is Frank and I'm currently stationed in Afghanistan and my wife will be going to pick up my first T/A that I own and not my Dad. Who owns a 77 Bandit T/A, 1970 Ram Air 3 Judge, 1998 Firehawk (yes I know it was a model firehawk; one of 6 produced by Ed Hamburger for GM to show off and it happened to go to Orange, VA where dealership owner bought it and my dad bought it from him) and he also owns multiple third gen T/A's. I attached a photo below of my new Pewter WS6 with clean carfax.

I have grown up around Pontiac's all my life and I drove a 2000 3.8L since I was 16 and 15 days before I left for Afghanistan in December I was heading home and I pulled onto an un-salted road and hit black ice on a embankment and went off into a 10 ft ditch. Needless to say the next four cars that came after me did the same thing around the same turn just miraculously managed to miss my Firebird when they wrecked with me. Cop closed down the road once he finally got there because no one was making it around that turn. Since I return home in January I started looking for a T/A and decided to do away with the V6. Well after 5 months of begging my wife she finally agreed to buying the T/A you see below.

So now that I'm a proud owner of a '02 346CI WS6 LS1 I'm honestly excited to say that I'm glad I'm finally able to join the forum and post on this forum and not firebirdv6.com, and I look forward to sharing many more post with everyone!

Last edited by WS6_Veteran; 09-25-2011 at 11:41 AM.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:27 AM
Teching In

very clean beautiful ls1. IMO these sliver/pewter color trans am look badass with black rims, but its your car and its gorgeous enjoy it!
Old 09-25-2011, 11:41 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by fbodieslive
IMO these sliver/pewter color trans am look badass with black rims
Yes, I do agree with you. I was looking into the OEWheels C5's machined face finish with the black vents but that was for my pewter V6. Considering that the former owner just put new bridgestones on the car I might stick with those. My last V6 I put every penny I had into it from ws6 hood and air intake, port polished intake, rebuilt heads, all new wiring, headers with 3inch straight back. When I went in to the autoshop to see how fixing my car was coming along and they told me my insurance company totaled the car because the frame got bent a **** hair and they only gave me 5 grand for the car. I have decided I am going to be keeping my next daily driver pretty much as stock as possible.

The only thing original owner did was Whisper lid and flowmaster catback... im going to have to do away with the flowmaster still deciding on Borla or SLP Loudmouth. Prolly go with SLP Loudmouth since I dont plan on getting rid of stock manifolds and replacing with longtube headers.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Welcome, I'm in the 'stan too...
Old 09-25-2011, 02:41 PM
Staging Lane

Congratulations man beautiful car
Old 09-25-2011, 04:55 PM
Teching In

Gorgeous, im jealous, I tried so hard to get a ws6, but couldn't find one in good enough condition that was standard so I settled with a goat
Old 09-25-2011, 06:56 PM
On The Tree

awesome car, awesome family collection..
Old 09-25-2011, 11:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MY GTSLO
Gorgeous, im jealous, I tried so hard to get a ws6, but couldn't find one in good enough condition that was standard so I settled with a goat
Yeah the funny thing is this wasn't supposed to be the WS6 I was supposed to buy. I looked for 5 months of craigslist and autotrader trying to find a black on black 02 WS6 without a crazy pricetag. Finally found one for 7200 but the guy didnt want to wait 1 day for my cashier's check to come in from the bank (because i bank with USAA). So I was pretty bummed out, decided to look on craigslist one last time before I was going to give up and I saw this T/A and even though its not black on black with the price and condition I couldn't pass it up and I'm glad i didnt.

And thanks for all the welcoming invites everyone!