Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

01 Z28 M6 vs 10-11 370 Z Auto

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 02:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 01 Z28 M6 vs 10-11 370 Z Auto

Well for some strange reason im about to get on the freeway and i look to my right and the freeway is completely blocked off by the cops. Im like ok hopefully the onramp is open because i need to get to work. Well the onramp was open with NO cars on the freeway, lol. Top it off a NICE to say the least 370 Z everything blacked out lowered, exhaust, rims and so on sounded like an auto superfast downshifts to say the least or just a great driver.

Im behind him trying to get by his side and as soon as i hit his rear bumper his off, i catch up quickly and proceeded to 130-135mph about 4+ cars. I was on nitrous and bottle pressure a few minutes before that was at 700-725psi so i was hoping during the race it would be higher since i had a bottle heater on. He high beemed me and i slowed down so he can catch up. We did another race side by side this time with him getting a slight hit since we didnt honk off, i immediatly start pulling and again up to about 125-130 i had 6+ cars. I kept my car in 4th to start, race was from about 70-75mph, not sure exactly just that i was in 4th. I will admitt the nitrous was not at all impressive and was doubting if it was working or not. I did a test run after by going WOT first and then flipping the switch to see the difference and it wasnt impressive at all. Bottle pressure really killed the shot but cant complain.

After a few cars its hard to look back and precisely count but it was better then the first race no doubt due to a more even start. This guy was hella cool, pulls up next to me and gives me a thumbs up and i do the same. I come to work pull over to close the valve on the bottle and it read about 790 PSI. Its a cold morning so i know my bottle pressure never reached close to 900 PSI so it is what it is. Sorry for the long kill story.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:17 PM
Launching!

Default Good Kill

Good Kill!!!!! I have the same issues with my pressure...If its right 900-950 she will scream,,,,650 to 750 sometimes it feels like nothing.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow, im just not in that much of a hurry to get to work in the morning.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks, ya i know i should've probably not sprayed and just gone n/a. This Z was nicely done and had no idea what i was going up against looked like he put good money in it. I tried a quick run tonight with good bottle pressure and man does it make a difference or what, lol.

Originally Posted by Footlead
Good Kill!!!!! I have the same issues with my pressure...If its right 900-950 she will scream,,,,650 to 750 sometimes it feels like nothing.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL, it was really more so i couldnt pass up the opportunity.

Originally Posted by baxsom
wow, im just not in that much of a hurry to get to work in the morning.